|Forum Announcement: Rules of FreeVPS.us|
10-31-2011, 02:54 AM
Rules of FreeVPS.us
Version 7.6, 02-15-2013
You can get a maximum warning of 100%, 100% = temporary ban for the duration of the warning that expires first.
Please check this page regularly, as it will be updated regularly. Staff reserves the right to change the rules without notice and the severity of the warning is at the discretion of the issuing moderator.
1. Do not flame other users.
2. Do not flame staff.
3. Do not spam; What is considered spam?
4. Use of online translators when you don't speak English is allowed, but not encouraged.
5. Do not create multiple accounts.
6. Do not offer services in exchange for points and/or reputation
7. Do not beg or ask for donations or money.
8. Do not use quotes when not necessary; What is excessive quoting?.
9. Do not ask excessively or unpolitely for points or reputation, this includes both posts and the shoutbox aswell as PMs.
10. Do not ask how to get a VPS, the answer is on this page.
11. It is not allowed to post in an announcement thread when a VPS is available saying you want the VPS.
12. It is not allowed to copy-paste large parts of text for e.g. a tutorial or just a thread.
13. It is not allowed to use the report post button to report post that are legal or to communicate with staff.
14. Signatures must be under 125px tall at a 1024x768 resolution and can't contain excessive animation.
15. Do not ask people by PM to have a look at your thread.
16. Do not impolitely ask people in the shoutbox to have a look at your thread.
17. Ad.fly links, referral links or similar services are not allowed in your signature, biography or any other form.
18. Anything related to pirated software, warez or illegal (bruteforce programs/scripts/applications, mail bombers/spam scripts and so on) things is not allowed and will result in a 80% warning for 30 days and 10% percent permanent. (So 90% until 30 days and, then, it will drop to 10% until manual removal.)
19. Do not ask repetitively or bug dmmcintyre3 if the VPSes have been given out yet.
20. If you post a sub-standard review, your thread will be deleted and you will be given a 10% warning for a week. What is a sub-standard review? Click Here.
21. Giving other users points for a VPS giveaway is not allowed. Doing this will result in the loss of the transferred points.
22. Please, do not bump old threads with off topic, short or low quality posts.
23. Do not abuse the thread rating system (we log ratings).
24. Do not post hateful/racist/harassment oriented sites or content, sites promoting illegal activities or content or pornographic sites or content.
These rules also apply for our Facebook page and the shoutbox.
A few important links:
Please report any post you see that is in violation of these rules
NOTE: there are exceptions to rule 6, like gbl08ma's Goona Browser. In case you are not staff and plan on offering a service for points/reputation, please ask staff first.
Please note that we do not tolerate any of our rules being copied. Any content posted in our forums is subject to our rules, and we do not appreciate copying our content without prior permission.