[split] discussion about dot.tk domains from Free DNS hosting
07-18-2010, 01:45 AM
[split] discussion about dot.tk domains from Free DNS hosting
I use FreeDNS.Afraid.org, but they have been with some problems on the latest hours. It seems now the problem is getting solved, but half of the nameservers are still down. Perhaps it was another DDos attack.

.tk domains, no thanks. Ever. They pointed all my domains to sedoparking when they started to have many daily visits. I wasn't able to get them back and they didn't reply to my email.

My blog
[Image: fs.php]
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply

07-22-2010, 10:53 AM
RE: Free DNS hosting
(07-18-2010 01:45 AM)gbl08ma Wrote:  .tk domains, no thanks. Ever. They pointed all my domains to sedoparking when they started to have many daily visits. I wasn't able to get them back and they didn't reply to my email.

Really? I think they have rules on how many visits you have to get... maybe u didn't follow those rules earlier? :/

Sea4Me
HostRail VPS Hosting
User Tools
08-26-2010, 11:10 PM
(07-22-2010 10:53 AM)Sea4Me Wrote:  
(07-18-2010 01:45 AM)gbl08ma Wrote:  .tk domains, no thanks. Ever. They pointed all my domains to sedoparking when they started to have many daily visits. I wasn't able to get them back and they didn't reply to my email.

Really? I think they have rules on how many visits you have to get... maybe u didn't follow those rules earlier? :/

I was getting much more than 30 different visitors a month, which is what they require. So that's not the reason.

My blog
[Image: fs.php]
User Tools
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
(08-26-2010 11:10 PM)gbl08ma Wrote:  
(07-22-2010 10:53 AM)Sea4Me Wrote:  

I was getting much more than 30 different visitors a month, which is what they require. So that's not the reason.

That's weird.... I'll stay away then

Sea4Me
HostRail VPS Hosting
User Tools
08-30-2010, 05:28 PM
I have not had any problems with tk taking domains, except ones that the site was down for an extended period of time.
User Tools