How to get people on your SA-MP server
Wink 
First of all,you might be thinking that I'll probubly say what your thinking.

Well for a first yes,go on the SA-MP forums,get 5+ REP,and post a sweet advertisement,that will get you truckloads of players in one second.-But If your script is shitty,they will just log off,even offending themselves,so get a scripter do do stuff for you.

Go to Facebook and search for a page called Samp group international,that group has a lot of people on it,so they will join if you post your server info there.

Have a unique script,ofcourse people understand that your server Isn't some newbie scrap if you have a good script along with good scripters and mappers.

Most Importantly,comes freevps,you need your server on the Hosted tab,because 99,9% of players only open the Hosted tab to look for servers,so either find a good host like Volt-Host or just get a VPS and host it on that.
Even more importantly you need to have it hosted because if it's hosted at home,people will experience severe lag.

Thanks.
(01-10-2013, 01:44 AM)Oracle Wrote:  Even more importantly you need to have it hosted because if it's hosted at home,people will experience severe lag.

I would not agree. On my computer I host SAMP server for 20 players without lag. That would be true for large servers, for example, 500 players or more.
[Image: 728x902.png]
i suggest cleaning up your post, swearing wise, before you get warning %
This is not a tutorial and you don't need one for this. Also there's no such thing as "lag free". There's always going to be some lag and it got nothing to do with amount of player slots. These are rather the "TIPS", which may help you in fetching a good player base, nothing more.

For making your server popular you can make use of these tips provided here : http://jatochnietdan.com/blog/sa-mp/making-a-popular-sa:mp-server
Left FreeVPS, may pay a random visit sometime.

Well first step would be finding a good gamemode, I've been trying o do that for days now with no luck Sad
ProEconomica Tutorials
Bitcoin Mining Tutorial - Website hosted on VPS 25
(01-11-2013, 08:16 PM)Nepherius Wrote:  Well first step would be finding a good gamemode, I've been trying o do that for days now with no luck Sad

well if you know at least a little coding of each mode can make a good Game mode. Not excellent, if at least good. I took a friend for PPC_Trucking, translated, we ad some maps, change and add a few commands, add a couple of FS's. And can now says that this is a completely new version of the game mode. That you shall say would not even realize that it is PPC_Trucking Angel
(01-11-2013, 08:16 PM)Nepherius Wrote:  Well first step would be finding a good gamemode, I've been trying o do that for days now with no luck Sad

Make one yourself, as far as I know scripting in Pawno isn't such a huge deal anymore nowadays.
[Image: lJnc516.png]
I don't play SA:MP anymore the thing is that,

5players playing on 5million players.

These days every one owns thier own server.No players it's way booring.
Regards,
ArabianPride�
(01-11-2013, 09:56 PM)Fadhil Wrote:  5players playing on 5million players.

You mean 5 players playing on 5 million servers. Or I did not understand right.
(01-10-2013, 01:44 AM)Oracle Wrote:  so either find a good host like Volt-Host or just get a VPS and host it on that.

So if I have a VPS, how can I make my server on the hosted tab?