FreeVPS Directory & Discussion
[Cancelled] GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - Printable Version

+- FreeVPS Directory & Discussion (https://freevps.us)
+-- Forum: Service (https://freevps.us/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://freevps.us/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: [Cancelled] GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage (/thread-18527.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Cancelled] GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - Hidden Refuge - 2016-06-06

This has been cancelled by GalaxyHostPlus due to significant issues with the nodes.

Please see https://freevps.us/thread-18527-post-208028.html#pid208028 for more details.

Dear FreeVPS Community,

We would like to announce a great and refreshing VPS plan change for GalaxyHostPlus VPSs.

Starting from this months giveaway on the 15th of June 2016 you will be able to make a choice between HDD powered and SSD powered storage when applying for GalaxyHostPlus VPSs (5,9 or 22).

Here are the new updates regarding the disk space for the VPSs:

VPS 5 -> 100 GB HDD disk space or 10 GB SSD disk space
VPS 9 -> 100 GB HDD disk space or 10 GB SSD disk space
VPS 22 -> 150 GB HDD disk space or 20 GB SSD disk space

When you apply for one of these VPSs please specify clearly whether you want HDD based or SSD based disk space in your application. Unfortunately existing VPSs cannot be upgraded to that new storage type. Only newer instances of VPSs can be created with the new type of storage.

A huge thanks to GalaxyHostPlus for giving us this great offer and making everything possible.

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - Conan - 2016-06-06

Upgrading the VPS to the new storage type is impossible without deleting the VPS right? So what if we asked that the VPS to be redeployed?
Not that I want mine to get the lower storage. Just a question Smile

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - Hidden Refuge - 2016-06-06

Existing VPSs that were created before this announcement cannot be redeployed to this new type of storage. Only newly created VPSs in this months giveaway and in the future can probably be redeployed. The new VPS instances will be created on new nodes that have been setup for this storage type. GalaxyHostPlus unified HDD and SSD into one server instead of running pure SSD and pure HDD nodes (well, the older nodes are pure HDD).

NOTE: THIS IS NOT SSD-CACHED STORAGE! If you decide to use SSD you will get pure SSD disk space.

Maybe JanuszC can answer this question better as we really didn't talk about redeployment from HDD to SSD and vice versa.

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - JanuszC - 2016-06-06

Hi,

Basically VPS data will be moved to to SSD hard drive.
You can pm me the node name you on so I can see what can be done.
Just to note all France Nodes are supported on SSD
And most of German nodes. which are on E5 CPU and i7

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - HMR - 2016-06-07

SSD, that would be nice, but my Gameservers need more storage Sad so i guess i would keep my current storage as it is.
Anyways thanks GalaxyHostplus for this Smile

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - karatekidmonkey - 2016-06-07

This is a very nice change, I'm tempted to switch out my current FuzzyHosts server for one of these...

Thank you GalaxyHostPlus!

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - RLC - 2016-06-07

Great news. I would keep my storage on HDD, 10GB is pretty small ammont of space. I am happy with my 100GB HDD storage. Smile

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - JanuszC - 2016-06-08

Here SSD in action if anyone interested.

[root@SSD-In-Action /]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.78363 s, 386 MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 380 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 370 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 381 MB/s
Average I/O     : 377 MB/s

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - Lux - 2016-06-08

I've always wanted pure SSD, but need a lot more storage to host all development websites, but I do know SSD is expensive. Ughhh! Someday... thanks Janusz! More power to your company.

RE: GalaxyHostPlus - Choice between HDD and SSD storage - kikos300 - 2016-06-08

well i know that SSD is expensive so its nice that you can offer a SSD vps i think it might be useful to some people