FreeVPS Directory & Discussion
update to the 2nd VPS system - Printable Version

+- FreeVPS Directory & Discussion (https://freevps.us)
+-- Forum: Service (https://freevps.us/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://freevps.us/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: update to the 2nd VPS system (/thread-21757.html)

Pages: 1 2

update to the 2nd VPS system - Ignis - 2018-01-15

Dear members of FreeVPS,

As you may know, the 2nd VPS rule was created due to a large number of VPSes being left unused each giveaway. However, with the loss of our two largest sponsors, we have far fewer VPSes floating around, a mere 12 types. With this in mind, we have decided to end the second VPS program.
From this point on, we will return to our one-VPS-per-member policy.

Thank you for your understanding,
Ignis
Giveaway manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - deanhills - 2018-01-15

I've noticed during the 2nd Giveaways there are always a number of 512 MB RAM VPSs that are never taken. Particularly the ones with no Control Panel either.

Would it be possible to ask the hosts whether they could repackage the smaller VPSs into larger ones? Like instead of having 5 No. 15 VPSs with 512 RAM to change that to 1 or 2 VPSs with larger specs?

Otherwise there is going to be an imbalance in the distribution of the VPS specs when there is only one Giveaway.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - HMR - 2018-01-15

(2018-01-15, 7:52:08 am)deanhills Wrote:  I've noticed during the 2nd Giveaways there are always a number of 512 MB RAM VPSs that are never taken. Particularly the ones with no Control Panel either.

Would it be possible to ask the hosts whether they could repackage the smaller VPSs into larger ones? Like instead of having 5 No. 15 VPSs with 512 RAM to change that to 1 or 2 VPSs with larger specs?

Otherwise there is going to be an imbalance in the distribution of the VPS specs when there is only one Giveaway.

Agreed, since most of the user's try to be away from small VPSs, why not we ask the sponsors to combine their smaller (512MB ram vpses) in to some.. so in that way those VPSs can also be distributed very easily?
I guess 1 VPS per member policy is best for now since looks like we lost many great sponsors,Hope some new sponsors soon can fill there empty spaces..

Btw what would happen now to those who still have 2 VPSs?

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - tiwil - 2018-01-15

Very agree, I guess VPS Provider like Hostigation (VPS 18) that have many leftovers at the end of the giveaways, should combine their VPSes, so there maybe will not any leftovers again.

But really, it's great because it has 512MB of RAM & 512MB of Swap. I will pick this one.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - dudex - 2018-01-15

What happens to those who owns 2 vps right now ? Will they have to return one of their servers or this rule simply apply from now on ?

1+ about making those smaller vps bigger, If it's possible or providers agree.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - HXY - 2018-01-16

Combining smaller specs VPS into a larger one is a great idea.
Sadly I lost both of my VPS in one month.
I wish new sponsors for FVPS.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - Conan - 2018-01-16

Making VPSs bigger on those sponsors who gives reseller accounts should be possible.

Also, VPS 18 isn't sponsored. It's "rented" by FVPS. @tiwil (Well, from what I remember)

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - Hidden Refuge - 2018-01-16

@Conan & @tiwil VPS 18 isn't being sponsored by Hostigation. The resources for the VPSs are paid by advertising income.

VPS 18 cannot be combined together because the reseller resources are planned for exactly 35 VPSs with the specs VPS 18 is. Getting the resources adjusted for fewer but bigger VPSs is going to be very hard because this requires certain actions that can only be done by dmmcintyre3 and only with his consent. And you might have noticed like over all the past few years that dmmcintyre3 is very much inactive. So getting a hold of him is going to be another big issue.

Combining some HostUS VPSs isn't possible either. I tried to achieve this already a year or two ago. The ticket has been closed with the reply that the sponsored VPSs are "as-is". Only thing that can be changed about them is the location (as mentioned on the VPS info page).

So here we are again where we started off with the suggestions to combine small VPSs.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - IEpicDestroyer - 2018-01-16

For people like me who still hold two VPSs on our accounts, are we required to release the extra VPS back? I mean I could release it back into the pool for someone else to claim, but I'd like to be able to keep it, and there is a good amount of free 512MB servers free anyway. Disappointing that the sponsors are all leaving, they were very good sponsors and it's sad to see them leaving us. Going to hold onto my VPS 16 for sure, seems to be one of the biggest containers that is still active.

RE: update to the 2nd VPS system - Ignis - 2018-01-16

Yes, you will be required to release the second VPS back into the pool.