FreeVPS Directory & Discussion
NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - Printable Version

+- FreeVPS Directory & Discussion (https://freevps.us)
+-- Forum: Service (https://freevps.us/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://freevps.us/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations (/thread-21802.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - Hidden Refuge - 2018-01-22

Dear FreeVPS Directory & Discussion Community and especially NodeBlade FreeVPS VPS Owners

Today we've been informed by @Lampard that our sponsor @NodeBlade would be going out of business soon. @Lampard directed us to the source of this news at the LowEndTalk forum. Here is the topic at LET that has a copy of the shutdown notice that was sent to @NodeBlade customers.

Here is a copy of the message:
NodeBlade Wrote:Hello,

As you are aware, our support response time has been decreased, and general performance of NodeBlade has been subpar. For these reasons, we have decided to close our doors.

Servers will be shutting off throughout the month. Prorata refunds will be available for those who paid quarterly, semi-annually or annually.

It's been a pleasure,

NodeBlade

What does this mean for you and the rest of FreeVPS Directory & Discussion? Well, because @NodeBlade is closing down its business the sponsorship also ends with immediate effect. Unfortunate situation as this means the loss of another sponsor and the amount of overall VPSs available at FreeVPS Directory & Discussion has decreased again.

As mentioned in the shutdown notice e-mail @NodeBlade will shutdown servers within this month but without any real date or deadline. So please take backups of your data while you can! A user in the LET topic already reported that their VPS is gone. Sorry for the delay on informing you about this. We're not active at LET and no one has informed us before. Nor have we been informed by @NodeBlade directly.

We would like to thank @NodeBlade for their sponsorship, VPSs and the great service they've provided while it lasted. We're very sorry for the caused inconvenience but this is outside of our control. The past months haven't been good for some of our sponsors.

Finally we wish @NodeBlade best of luck in their future endeavours. Bon voyage.

Sincerely yours
By order of
FreeVPS Directory & Discussion Administration & Staff

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - SLC - 2018-01-22

Goddamn, we started this year strong af. How about a little game. Let's see if we can predict who's gonna be next :sarcastic:

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - tiwil - 2018-01-22

And then, we lost the other sponsor.
So sad to see they go, 3 sponsors in 2 months? Or 3 months?
Hope we will get the other sponsor in future.

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - IEpicDestroyer - 2018-01-22

That's disappointing, Nodeblade is also leaving FreeVPS too. Now there's only five sponsors that provides containers to the community. I hope the advertising revenue can cover all the containers that the community is using as it seems that most people ended up taking VPS 18.

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - deanhills - 2018-01-22

That's only one VPS though - VPS 14?  It's sad as we don't want to lose any more VPSs, but at least it's a drop of blood compared with buckets.

I was just wondering if we banded together and got a proper server whether we could divvy that up in a few VPSs ourselves?  Maybe Lampard could provide some suggestions as I'm sure he has lots of experience and a good nose for locating low cost high quality servers in Europe.  Maybe we could get a special discount for the community service that FreeVPS has been providing to VPS owners?  And/or offer decent reviews and/or small ads in the Forum.

(2018-01-22, 2:45:26 pm)deanhills Wrote:  That's only one VPS though - VPS 14?  It's sad as we don't want to lose any more VPSs, but at least it's a drop of blood compared with buckets.

I was just wondering if we banded together and got a proper server whether we could divvy that up in a few VPSs ourselves?  Maybe Lampard could provide some suggestions as I'm sure he has lots of experience and a good nose for locating low cost high quality servers in Europe.  Maybe we could get a special discount for the community service that FreeVPS has been providing to VPS owners?  And/or offer decent reviews and/or small ads in the Forum.

I think it was two servers that they gave us, but correct me if I'm wrong.  At the rate FreeVPS rents containers from Hostigation/Anynode, it might be cheaper to rent a dedicated server depending on the rate they pay, but than, unless it's from SYS or OVH, IP addresses will get expensive unless it's NAT IPs.  I mean with $45/mo, it's enough to run 64 VPSs with the current configuration of VPS 18s but the setup fees of those IPs will get expensive.

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - tiwil - 2018-01-22

Maybe, I agree about the ads, put more ads, and when anyone want to request a VPS, they should attach a screenshot with an ads they clicked. I mean, this maybe, FVPS can have another money from ads, then FVPS can rent a dedi or another reseller VPS.

(2018-01-22, 4:46:00 pm)tiwil Wrote:  Maybe, I agree about the ads, put more ads, and when anyone want to request a VPS, they should attach a screenshot with an ads they clicked. I mean, this maybe, FVPS can have another money from ads, then FVPS can rent a dedi or another reseller VPS.

I mean if FreeVPS actually wants us to self fund VPSs, what they could get us all to do is watch a video to get something like a day's credit for the VPS.  Just the video itself isn't going to be able to support the server, but it'll help.  Would be great, however, if I could run 30 videos on a single day or over a few days and be done with the video thing, not force me to get on everyday.

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - cybersa - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-22, 4:46:00 pm)tiwil Wrote:  Maybe, I agree about the ads, put more ads, and when anyone want to request a VPS, they should attach a screenshot with an ads they clicked. I mean, this maybe, FVPS can have another money from ads, then FVPS can rent a dedi or another reseller VPS.

I don't think its a good idea. Because forcing the user to click the ads is against Terms & Condition of every Ad provider like AdSense etc...

Adding more ads will help little bit but not much. Also there are some limitation on how many ads you can put in a single page.

RE: NodeBlade is ceasing its operations - Gries - 2018-01-22

Sad to see another VPS Provider leaving us, even more sad if multiple providers left since the beginning of the 2018 year.
Hope that more VPS provider will step up and ask some sort of sponsorship to bring some fresh air to this community.

Thank you @NodeBlade for providing us those VPS during this period of time.