FreeVPS's VPS comparator (online)
Video 
DISCLAIMER: This tool is not replacement for reading Terms of Service.

Hello, guys. Lately, I was working on small, helpful thing that compares the servers. What does it do? Well, it lists all servers available on FreeVPS.us as a table, that you can sort, in order to find the server which fits your requirements.

The script is available at http://xfix.github.io/FreeVPS/.

Now, how does it work? Well, it lets you see parameters of various servers, and some set of things that aren't universally accepted (like game servers), so you could for example find server with enough memory to run Minecraft that actually lets you run it. To do this, you can press "RAM" to sort by RAM, and than press "Minecraft" to show servers that allow Minecraft at top (it works, because when parameters are equal, it holds the order). Or perhaps find providers that provide SSD. Or perhaps do something else.

[Image: vpscom.png]

This is a very early version of this tool, so it doesn't contain many fun features (for example, moving columns (by drag-and-drop) is one planned features). Also, the amount of data is probably not enough - I look for proposals about what else should be possible to compare, in addition to what I already have (just please, don't propose something which is equal in every VPS provided here, like number of IPv4 addresses - 1). Also, as the data was entered manually, there is a possibility of mistakes (but I believe amount of such is low, if any), so feel free to report errors like "This service claims that this host allows Minecraft, but it actually doesn't". I also accept other suggestions (for example, about user interface).

By the way, as I'm open source supporter, as usual, this project has its source code available at https://github.com/xfix/FreeVPS, useful if somebody wants, for example, sortable tables from this project. It's released under MIT license, which allows you to do like everything with the project, as long you include the original license in the modified code. Pull requests accepted, but I doubt anybody would send updates to this project (but who knows...).
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
It looks actually pretty nice! Maybe they should just use this as their VPS list instead. It works quite well and works as intended! Nice job GlitchMr!
Good job man, it would be cool to be able to select which vps you want to compare, so ppl could check only for those vps that are available.
ProEconomica Tutorials
Bitcoin Mining Tutorial - Website hosted on VPS 25
(2013-09-09, 5:17:25 am)Nepherius Wrote:  Good job man, it would be cool to be able to select which vps you want to compare, so ppl could check only for those vps that are available.

You want it, you have it. Now you can click on rows to stick them to the top. It took me a while to think of this (I wanted to avoid buttons like "hide rows"), but it seems to work well.
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...nNXZk9qcGc
Thanks to FreeVPS for the, er, free VPS 7!
(2013-09-09, 5:49:48 am)Hello71 Wrote:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...nNXZk9qcGc

This is just a table, there is nothing special about it - I cannot sort anything, it only shows stuff. But yeah, while I could make it using spreadsheet, I decided to not do that, as a) in my opinion, use of spreadsheets as tables is abuse of them - spreadsheets are intended to calculate stuff (but I guess people won't stop abusing them), databases are better for such purposes, b) it would require some external software that is IMO annoying to use (and I intentionally don't have any sort office suite, by the way, they are mostly useless IMO).
(2013-09-09, 5:59:32 am)GlitchMr Wrote:  
(2013-09-09, 5:49:48 am)Hello71 Wrote:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...nNXZk9qcGc

This is just a table, there is nothing special about it - I cannot sort anything, it only shows stuff.

Make copy, right-click, sort.

(2013-09-09, 5:59:32 am)GlitchMr Wrote:  But yeah, while I could make it using spreadsheet, I decided to not do that, as a) in my opinion, use of spreadsheets as tables is abuse of them - spreadsheets are intended to calculate stuff (but I guess people won't stop abusing them), databases are better for such purposes,

wat

(2013-09-09, 5:59:32 am)GlitchMr Wrote:  b) it would require some external software that is IMO annoying to use (and I intentionally don't have any sort office suite, by the way, they are mostly useless IMO).

it is web page. web page != external software.
Thanks to FreeVPS for the, er, free VPS 7!
Really cool job. Makes fvpsians easy to get the best :-)
Very cool indeed, thanks for this, now I can compare stuffs easily. Hope to get a VPS17 or VPS15 soon Tounge
(2013-09-09, 5:40:47 pm)Ahrim Wrote:  Very cool indeed, thanks for this, now I can compare stuffs easily. Hope to get a VPS17 or VPS15 soon Tounge

You will need hardwork for that... alot of competitors

Ontopic: Useful... comparing each vps and their specs... also the location and more Cheese
:hi: