Unlimited backup from Zovo
Chris
chris@freevps.us
I've been using Cloudup.com they offer free 200gb with few limitations which are easy to bypass.
There are many paid storage services I believe they target mostly the businesses sector nowadays.
(2014-01-04, 12:14:49 am)gooliver Wrote:  I've been using Cloudup.com they offer free 200gb with few limitations which are easy to bypass.
There are many paid storage services I believe they target mostly the businesses sector nowadays.

I also use Cloupup, but i believe that it should only be used for file sharing and not as a primary backup method. Also there is a 1000 item limitation, which I suppose can be bypassed by putting all your files into an archive then uploading, but this just creates extra work, and if your hard drive is almost full, this isn't ideal at all. Zovo has a desktop client that works in the background and just uploads all the files in the background when you have bandwidth free. I think that's a lot easier Wink
Chris
chris@freevps.us
There are many many free backup cloud servers with good security available in the market.
Cloudup.com is still need to invite to get a account. 200GB is enough for most of personal backup
post with Fedora 23  since 2015-11-03
SMS me +1 (919) 200-0188
(2014-01-05, 8:05:38 pm)net_robber Wrote:  Cloudup.com is still need to invite to get a account. 200GB is enough for most of personal backup

Again, 1000 files seems an annoying limitation when you have to backup 5 computers in your house
Chris
chris@freevps.us
(2014-01-05, 8:47:48 pm)cw1998 Wrote:  Again, 1000 files seems an annoying limitation when you have to backup 5 computers in your house

That's right, but if you archive and split a big file it's perfectly fine for long storage
(2014-01-05, 11:55:17 pm)gooliver Wrote:  That's right, but if you archive and split a big file it's perfectly fine for long storage

Still lots of work to do every week or so for 5 computers... :s
Chris
chris@freevps.us
(2014-01-06, 3:34:22 am)cw1998 Wrote:  Still lots of work to do every week or so for 5 computers... :s

You can also use shared.com they give free 100GB + 2gb single file limit. Good speeds
interesting feature
whether they support with ftp access?
at the moment I need online storage that supports ftp access, to perform website backups Smile