Your well-deserved right to purge your private data!
Date of revision and re-announcement: March the Fifth, 2014

Dear FreeVPS Directory & Discussion Members, Sponsors & Guests,

Gladly we would like you to know that you have the well-deserved right to purge certain private data you have left behind here through your time on our forum therefor we decided to revision and re-announce it for your and our own convenience and mostly important privacy.

Whenever and for whatever reason you decide to leave this forum behind. Shortly said whenever you want to leave. You as a respected member of this community have the right to request a purge of your private data you have left in applications which will be fullfilled immediately.

You also have the right to request a lock up of your account and the purge of your registration information. In this case your account will be banned, it will recieve a random name and all information you have entered will be replaced with dummy information (non-existing information/fake/random).

Before coming to an end I would like to thank everyone. We have decided to re-announce this because so far only two out of hundreds members who applied for VPSs have used their right to purge the data or/and other information when they left us.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

We wish you a happy day.
That's an excellent decision K?kaku Kid?tai. Good to know that FreeVPS.us takes care of the user's privacy. I don't know when I will leave this forum but I am here for long. So, It will be beneficial for people who want to move out from FreeVPS forum.
That is the Great Decision taken by the Administrator team of freevps.us by taking care of the all members privacy. (Y)
I doesn't know when I will leave this forum. But if someone leave the forum then after sometime he will want to join back the forum, so he can get back his account or not?

Most people don't care probably because data isn't very sensitive and only visible to few. It's nice to see you care more than them and think of these aspects.

Anyway if someone made hundreds of posts I don't think he'd happily kill his identity and throw his work away just for privacy practices.
Me being one those two who successfully exercised this right.
Left FreeVPS, may pay a random visit sometime.

Sometimes, for various reasons we want to leave the past behind. Glad to see that FreeVPS keeps our history private! All the more reason to stick with FreeVPS then Smile (I assume this doesn't apply to users who have been banned due to infringement of the rules, right?)
[Image: postcount.php?userid=8307]
(2014-03-06, 6:10:57 pm)Transfusion Wrote: Sometimes, for various reasons we want to leave the past behind. Glad to see that FreeVPS keeps our history private! All the more reason to stick with FreeVPS then Smile (I assume this doesn't apply to users who have been banned due to infringement of the rules, right?)
If I understand correctly, banned users still can log in, and PM administrators, so I guess it also applies to the banned users. If not, contacting by e-mail is still an option.
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
Yes, xfix is right.

There are a few channels available where you can contact us. PM, e-mail, Skype, IRC and through other members.

Edit: Through other members by PMing them, sending them a e-mail, contacting them in Skype or sending them a private query in the IRC network.
That sounds awesome, not many forums offer anything like this. I actually tried several times to get my user/posts removed from a forum but without success, it's probably still there ...
ProEconomica Tutorials
Bitcoin Mining Tutorial - Website hosted on VPS 25
For us typical users I still don't know why someone would have all of it's work removed. It's nice to think FreeVPS give's us that privilege but it should be used with caution. This will only leave blank spots and create confusion among future members.

Because:
  • Every decent user on this forum has it's/her's ports mentioned/quoted/reviewed in other posts and those can't be removed or they'll create blank spots.
  • Every decent user on this forum has it's/her's username mentioned in other posts and those can't be removed or they'll create confusion among new readers.
By "decent user" I mean users that have a few posts and with actual important data or contributions to the forum.

I always get confused when reading through older posts that refer/mention usernames which don't exist in the whole topic and therefore create blank spots.

You should give this option only to people who actually need it and must prove that the removal or they're posts is a requirement. I.e. They've used code, solutions, media etc. in they're posts that are now patented and/or protected by copyright laws. And even then only those posts should be removed and not the whole account be purged.

I'd be careful with this option if you care for the content quality of this forum Smile

Many thanks to FreeVPS for VPS #13 and ZXPlay for providing such an amazing service. (Read: How to get a VPS here.)