Github for Students offers free .me domain with SSL
YOU DO NOT NEED A .EDU EMAIL TO QUALIFY. JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR ID CARD AND SEND IT TO THEM. OFFER AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES

Hi there!

Today, an email from John Britton popped into my inbox, excited as I was, I opened it, and am still reeling after reading it.

As a student enrolled in the Github Students Program, I am wowed to see the free offers they're giving:
  • Free .ME Domain from NameCheap for 1 year!
  • Free 1 year SSL Certificate from NameCheap
  • Free $100 Credit on DigitalOcean
  • Free Hosted DNS for 2 years
  • Free 1 year BitNami Business 3 Plan
  • And More

Eligibility: You are 13+ and you are a student

Hurry! Grab it Now!
https://education.github.com/pack
Ex-Moderator at FDC | Heads a high school coding club
This is something like a survey, they requires a lot of personal informations. Probably i'll not try it.
Well...
Hello there!

[Image: img.php?userid=11569]
The only personal information I had to give to get into the student program was a pic of my school id and why i want it.

If you want the .me domain only, head over to nc.me
(2014-10-08, 7:46:11 pm)ishands Wrote:  The only personal information I had to give to get into the student program was a .edu email and why i want it.

If you want the .me domain only, head over to nc.me

I am a student, but I dont have .edu email address.Do you know any website which offers .edu email address free ?
If you give them a picture of your school/uni/college id, it'll take about 3 days to gt it verified, and you can access this.
well hope they will accept me sad i only have this email

99026292@mydavinci.nl
Take a pic of your id and send it to github. They'll approve you in 3 days (i was approved in 6 hours)
i already send it using this form https://education.github.com/discount_requests/new
Nice share, I will going to scan my University id card, than I will going to try on this website. I hope I get .me domain for free. Thank you ishands for sharing this.

Now, this thing. This is actually interesting. They require being a student (requirement not on the list of disallowed requirements), but you can prove your identity in multiple ways (so no clause of .edu e-mail requirement that certain other service required - my school doesn't provide that). It's also a very well known website which worked for a long time (132th position on Alexa says something, while FreeVPS is 70,526th position), so it's definitely a real offer, and it won't disappear in a month.

They offer multiple things that even by themselves would be interesting - free .me domain for one year, free SSL for one year, $100 to use for DigitalOcean VPS (yes, it's free VPS as well, with 512MB RAM you get 20 free months), free business plan at BitNami, and few other nice things.

In fact, this offer could as well be in Free VPS category, because VPS is one of things it offers. But I'm mixed about whether it should be in Related services, or Free VPS section.

As for personal information they require, it's real name, proof of identity (.edu e-mail or other proof of affilation), school name, and that's about it. According to the privacy policy, this information will be only used for "products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research".
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.