Laptop Battery problem
Hello

Laptop battery is 3 Year old and it started to give problem, Windows ask to get a new battery and replace it. Laptop Battery output was mere 10 odd minutes. So i thought of troubleshooting. I kept wire plugged for 8 hours. Powered the laptop on battery in bios mode and let it run.

In bios Mode, it kept running for 45 Minutes. After 45 minutes battery was fully discharged. During Battery discharge laptop kept warning about low battery status for more than 20 minutes. So i plugged the wire again and let it charged. It charged in 2.30 hours. Unplugged the wire and powered on the laptop in Bios mode. This time laptop battery was discharged in 55 Minutes.

Charged the battery and powered it on in windows 7, this time it discharged in 45 minutes.

I checked my Bios for update with manucaturer but they are providing Old bios then from laptop version.

System Bios version= H2.06
KBC version= R1.04

As per HCl Website download Bios version is

BIOS Version: H1.07                         
KBC  Version: R1.05

I am pretty sure not to flash it.

Is it problem with bios ?

Thanks
I don't think that the problem is in the BIOS, mostly like the battery is dead according to its life passed of 3 years. But there's a cheap way to get your battery life back. Smile Buy new cheap lithium batteries from Ebay, be carefull, choose new one with good amperes, replace it inside the battery box, solder it, and close the battery box.
Well...
Hello there!

[Image: img.php?userid=11569]
(2015-03-07, 2:40:49 am)Riste Wrote:  I don't think that the problem is in the BIOS, mostly like the battery is dead according to its life passed of 3 years. But there's a cheap way to get your battery life back. Smile Buy new cheap lithium batteries from Ebay, be carefull, choose new one with good amperes, replace it inside the battery box, solder it, and close the battery box.

i had got extra battery , will open it now Cheese ,

Thanks Riste never know, battery can be fixed.
You battery seems to be in a really bad condition saurav. You may wish to replace it in order to regain the same uptime as before or a even longer uptime through a better battery with a higher capacity than your old one.

Three years are a lot of batteries. With every charging process and high temperatures the batteries lose more and more liftime and capacity. Lithium is quite sensitive about high positive temperatures. In fact high positive temperatures harm lithium based batteries.

The best condition for the longest liftime would be; keep it charged at around 70% - 80% at all times when not used and kept in a cold place (like your fridge, in something waterproof of course). That way the lifetime will not be extremely shortened as through high temperatures and being totally empty for a long time or always full at all times.

The fact that it lasts longer in BIOS is simple to explain; during the BIOS the hardware components are not in need of a lot of power however that's not the same for a booted operating system that has a lot of processes running and probably something that causes load and increases the power usage (browsing, gaming, updates, etc...).
Assuming that's just a 3 cell battery, poorly handled over time, such gain decrease can make sense after 3 years the stronger the laptop is.

My sister's laptop comes with such low gain battery and after 3 years its juice only lasts 35-40 minutes (and she's not an heavy user). So I guess situation can be worse under different conditions.

As other said, get a new battery preferably with even more cells.

If you want to put battery at the fridge make sure to locate it at the least chilly portion of it, and definitely not at the freezer. Also let it warm up some time before using it.
(2015-03-07, 4:09:01 am)gooliver Wrote:  --- cut

As other said, get a new battery preferably with even more cells.

---- cut

I don't know if any manufacturer produce the same type of battery with different amount of cells, will it fit to your laptop? Just curious
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support
(2015-03-07, 4:19:43 am)abhe Wrote:  I don't know if any manufacturer produce the same type of battery with different amount of cells, will it fit to your laptop? Just curious

Good chances that's possible.
One can easily tell by googling the model number of said laptop and look for a 6/9/12 cell battery

Yes the new battery will be bigger and heavier and sometimes laptop won't be very flat, not a big deal though
it is too costly to change the battery. I would discard it or sell it off.

Thank you for replies.