Changes to the Gameserver Policy
Dear members of FreeVPS,

As you may know, as a result of previous attacks on our sponsors and servers for running any type of GTA server (mainly SA-MP), we banned them from being run on any VPS provided through FreeVPS.
I am hereby announcing that we have updated our gameserver policy to facilitate a change that may be made to this rule in the future

We are going to be running a test/evaluation phase, which will allow a small number of members run a SA-MP server on their VPS as a trial to see if we will go ahead and remove the ban.

NOTE: This does not mean that any user can run a SA-MP server!! You must reigster your interest to become part of this trial by PM'ing me (cw1998), and then you must wait until I give you permission to run the SA-MP server. PM'ing me does not give you automatic permission to run a server! I hope to get back to you within 24 hours of you requesting permission, but it may be slightly longer at weekends.

While there may be change to this rule in the future, we are retaining the ban on any game server from being run on a KVM VPS. Do not run any game server on a KVM VPS. If you are unsure if you can run a game server or not, please ask any staff member.
You must also not run a gameserver if it is against your VPS's sponsor's terms of service.

Thank you for your time!
Best Regards,
Chris
Chris
chris@freevps.us
I don't plan on running a game server, but I just had this question on my mind. Why can't a KVM VPS run game servers?
Thank you ZXPlay and FreeVPS for my VPS 7
(2015-05-24, 2:59:13 am)Matthew425 Wrote:  I don't plan on running a game server, but I just had this question on my mind. Why can't a KVM VPS run game servers?

Its because the Virtual hard drive of a kvm vps can be encrypted. So further investigation about an attack could be impossible.

This is great for some users. I already lost interest in that game though.
We all know that you'll end up banning these games again. I've seen the kind of people that play these games. Imagine a bunch of monkeys throwing sh!t (literally) at each other. That's your GTA community Cheese Just a few seconds ago I was reading a topic about some guy not being able to save his data because the server is crashed by DDoS. Not to mention that you'll bring back the mediocre posts again since all the kiddies will want their GTA servers :rotfl:
Thanks for the chance Chris,
Please to everyone who is going to register in this move, Make sure you read this carefully
Quote:You guys should check out some new changes in the server.cfg, mainly the minconnectiontime
More explanation about it : http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=...ectiontime
Good luck for everyone who's going to register
Also, I completely disagree with you S.L.C, Bad community got bad owners dispute the kind of gameservers they are running.

Edit:
After reading some changelogs, There is a lot of enhancements in the security field, Check this section on sa-mp forums : http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74
Read the topics for the security fixes they made Wink
[Image: vkhbt94.jpg]
[Image: img.php?userid=12078]
(2015-05-24, 4:58:30 am)Co0oL Wrote:  After reading some changelogs, There is a lot of enhancements in the security field, Check this section on sa-mp forums : http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

There's no security enchantment that's going to prevent a kiddie from being a jackass and start DDoS'ing your server because you banned him. He'll just do that because he probably has a better internet connection than your VPS does. In my country for example, there are some areas (mostly in large cities) where internet connections are 1 GB/s and it costs about 10 EUR. Imagine a few of the kids on that block getting mad on your server.

There's barely any security enhancement. Other than this, I couldn't see anything major in there:

Quote:Connection cookie system to prevent spoofed connection flooding.

The rest of the fixes are simply related to collisions, new models, font sizes etc. Those are not a security fix to prevent DDoS.
(2015-05-24, 5:20:35 am)S.L.C Wrote:  
(2015-05-24, 4:58:30 am)Co0oL Wrote:  After reading some changelogs, There is a lot of enhancements in the security field, Check this section on sa-mp forums : http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74

There's no security enchantment that's going to prevent a kiddie from being a jackass and start DDoS'ing your server because you banned him. He'll just do that because he probably has a better internet connection than your VPS does. In my country for example, there are some areas (mostly in large cities) where internet connections are 1 GB/s and it costs about 10 EUR. Imagine a few of the kids on that block getting mad on your server.

There's barely any security enhancement. Other than this, I couldn't see anything major in there:

Quote:Connection cookie system to prevent spoofed connection flooding.

The rest of the fixes are simply related to collisions, new models, font sizes etc. Those are not a security fix to prevent DDoS.

The security changes mainly focused on stopping sa-mp from being the port for the ddos'r to ddos your server, Well lets be honest, In the end if a kid wants to ddos your website or your gameserver, What's the difference ?
You will do what you could do taking all the possible moves to stop his ddos or prevent it but in the end ddos stay a ddos.

Wearing a helmet doesn't really mean you are headshot-proof but it kinda makes you feel better about it.
[Image: vkhbt94.jpg]
[Image: img.php?userid=12078]
Very good news! I understand the sense of the topic. I would like to be a part of the testing. Hopefully the testing will be successful, and how long it will be?
Well...
Hello there!

[Image: img.php?userid=11569]
(2015-05-24, 3:42:03 am)S.L.C Wrote:  We all know that you'll end up banning these games again. I've seen the kind of people that play these games. Imagine a bunch of monkeys throwing sh!t (literally) at each other. That's your GTA community Cheese Just a few seconds ago I was reading a topic about some guy not being able to save his data because the server is crashed by DDoS. Not to mention that you'll bring back the mediocre posts again since all the kiddies will want their GTA servers :rotfl:

Sadly, this is true. Just look at my title; I haven't changed it since that day that servers were banned. There are just too many kids playing. Those kids really need to get a life, go outside, and get some fresh air.
[Image: img.php?userid=14559&vps1]
Good News.

Finally we can request permission.
Hope again they don't get banned

[Image: 1Dgrju4.jpg?1]

[align=center]VPS INFO/Requirements                                                                                || Rules of Freevps.us || How to get and Keep VPS