Can Anyone help How to portion the VPS from Dedicated Server
Hello everyone. I ordered one dedicated server recent days. But I don't know how to portion vps. Can anyone guide? or do you have tutor video?
First, you need at least 8 IPs (6 usable)
Second, decide which virtualization software to use (KVM or OpenVZ).
Third, a control panel to manage VPSs.

Install and configure KVM on CentOS (youtube)
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support
my first question would be why would you buy a dedi without even knowing the basics of the very things you wanna do on it? why not try on your own computer?

second, whats wrong with google on your side? is it not working there Tongueout
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), ZXPlay and the staff for my vps.
(2015-10-16, 9:04:12 pm)rudra Wrote: my first question would be why would you buy a dedi without even knowing the basics of the very things you wanna do on it? why not try on your own computer?

I wonder if he is really buying that dedi since that is not cheap anyway.
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support
You can use SolusVM ( http://solusvm.com/ ) as you are new to this.

Just install this and you'll be able to cut your big machine into small VPS(s).

If you need any help regard this, PM me or feel free to create another thread for being helped.
Warm Regards,
Chuckie

The best way is indeed OpenVZ as it simply is the easiest way to go about it if you do not have any experience whatsoever in virtualization. Bare in mind that it might not be easy without a web panel, I recommend you to do what Chuckie said which is to install SolusVM using their free trial to see if it all works out. You will need additional IP addresses unless you only want to use one as the public facing one which will need a more advanced configuration where you NAT all the "portions", here defined as VPS: Virtual Private Server to use only one IP but different ports for each of them. There will be limitations in this virtualization such as only being able to run certain Linux OS supported by the OpenVZ kernel and it will still need additional configuration despite SolusVM automating a big chunk of the process.
Thread closed due to inactivity of thread starter.

Feel free to contact as staff or report this thread to be reopened.
Si enim fallor, sum. Nam qui non est, utique nec falli potest. Ac per hoc sum, si fallor. Quia ergo sum, si fallor, quomodo esse me fallor, quando certum est me esse, si fallor?