OpenVPN problem
hello all i got a problem that is very weird
i am trying access my reddit with my android phone using OpenVPN , and the website are unblocked (open wide)
but when i am trying accessing reddit with my laptop it is still blocked? any ideas? i was lookup for ip address it is changed 
but still blocked? have any ideas? or wrong configuration? it is weird when my smartphone can but not with my laptop
thanks for freevps.us taught me many experience
and thanks for all administrator because they're helpfull and very friendly Laugh

[Image: img.php?userid=8593]
Maybe try clearing out the temp files and the cache or just load it up in incognito. If it says IP address is changed then it might be the problem of your browser.
here is what you shoudl do, step by step -

1) connect to internet but keep your vpn off. Now go to

ipleak.net

and find out your true ip and location.

2) Next turn your vpn on and open another tab to the same 'ipleak.net' and check if they have changed to a value you expect.

3) Now you should clear your cache and if that does not work, may be try some other browsers.

goodluck
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), optimus, GHP and the other  staff members.
i think in your laptop, you are nit giving proper admin privilege to openvpn client. so, even if u r connecting to vpn, iptables/routing tables are not being changed.
[Image: 3447516826.png]
I didn't bother with OpenVPN for my phone, it seemed like such an hassle.
What I got working was using my PC to route it using wi-fi to my phone.

In Windows CMD runing as Administrator you simply start a hostednetwork:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=example key=somethingexample$$
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Then route the OpenVPN internet connection to this Wi-Fi interface in Windows by going into advanced adapter settings.
You need to have a Wi-Fi card that supports it, my Intel 2.4/5GHz supports it.
Sorry if it is getting more advanced or you do not want to have a PC up, just a suggestion Smile

On a further note:
Check what IP addresses it resolves to when you do nslookups in CMD if you have changed IP but the websites are still blocked. It might be that your VPN is not changing the DNS servers and the other DNS servers are simply still being used to block it. That is of course if you have routed OpenVPN over an encrypted connection everything should be possible to unblock.

(2015-10-23, 11:21:11 pm)0oDeSm0nDo0 Wrote: i think in your laptop, you are nit giving proper admin privilege to openvpn client. so, even if u r connecting to vpn, iptables/routing tables are not being changed.

This is very likely. With UAC enabled OpenVPN has to be started as an Administrator through the "Start as Administrator" shortcut even when no UAC warning message is coming up. If it is started as a normal or administrative user but not with "Start as Administrator" the OpenVPN client will fail to set parameters for the network adapters because it has no access to netsh due to lack of required permissons.

Most people don't pay attention to that. They start the client. Click connect and minimize it. They icon might be hidden in the tray area and they never see that it is yellow/grey for warning/disconnected. They don't look at the error log which might say that netsh failed to set parameters or include other information regarding the failure.

I had this issue so often on Windows 8.1 that I edited the OpenVPN executable compatibility and have set "Start as Administrator" by default so I didn't have to bother anymore with the whole UAC crap and permission problems with netsh. Another way is to disable UAC for good and forever in the registry.
(2015-10-26, 7:52:05 pm)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I had this issue so often on Windows 8.1 that I edited the OpenVPN executable compatibility and have set "Start as Administrator" by default so I didn't have to bother anymore with the whole UAC crap and permission problems with netsh.

Exactly . In my win 10, i frequently observed this error. At last, changed the executable to run as admin always, and since then, no need of right click Smile
[Image: 3447516826.png]
Huh, if I run OpenVPN GUI as a non-admin user, my IP does not change. So there might be other issues with OP's OpenVPN setup on his/her laptop.
No it is still connected and im using administrator too , and the ip was change because i see on ipchicken.com
thanks for freevps.us taught me many experience
and thanks for all administrator because they're helpfull and very friendly Laugh

[Image: img.php?userid=8593]
(2015-10-30, 1:11:35 pm)Dio Wrote: No it is still connected and im using administrator too , and the ip was change because i see on ipchicken.com

Hi,

I had the same problem. Please follow the following steps:

1. Un-install Original Openvpn software (I personally found it ugly and difficult to use)
2. Download & Install OpenVPN Client from here: http://assets.unotelly.com/downloads/app...client.msi  . It will install a new TAP Adapter driver, please allow and install it.
3. Use your .ovpn file or login details to connect to your VPN server.
4. Check your IP address to see if you are connected to your VPN server. http://whatismyipaddress.com

Note: When I turned on my laptop from Hibernation, I can connect to OpenVPN but it is still showing my ISP address not my VPN IP. It is because maybe TAP Adapter tunnel didn't wakeup or initialized. Here is the fix, Always Disable & Enable TAP Adapter then connect.

1. Disconnect OpenVPN.
2. Right Click on your Wifi/Ethernet icon , click "Open Network and Sharing Center"  ---------> click   "Change Adapter Settings"
3. Right Click  on "Ethernet" and Choose "Disable"
4. Right Click  on "Local Area Network (Tap-Win 32 Adapter)" and Choose "Disable"
5. Wait for 10 seconds and now enable both Adapters ("Ethernet" and "Local Area Network (Tap-Win 32 Adapter)" from right click.
6. Done, now connect your OpenVPN, and your will connection will work. Check your IP address at http://whatismyipaddress.com

[Image: 2eg8e47.jpg]