Openvpn log showing many connections
Sad 
I've noticed some ip connections in my openvpn log that aren't mine. Did some research and read it's because
of bots making the connection, don't really believe that one. For every ip that connects displays connection has been reset so I'd assume they aren't using my vpn. I'm using a ssh key to connect to the server and don't use a password. Using tcp-server protocol on port 443 and I've added a firewall rule to iptables and it's still occuring. Any one else experiencing this and if so do you know of a solution to fix this?
If you use certificate authentication simply ignore these connections attempts. They are most likely as you said bots that do crawling for open proxies and similar. They can't use your VPN or break into it as they don't have your certificates. Changing the port to a uncommon port may solve the issue easily if it is a issue for you.
(2015-10-27, 8:49:24 pm)Hidden Refuge Wrote: If you use certificate authentication simply ignore these connections attempts. They are most likely as you said bots that do crawling for open proxies and similar. They can't use your VPN or break into it as they don't have your certificates. Changing the port to a uncommon port may solve the issue easily if it is a issue for you.

When you said "If you use certificate authentication simply ignore these connections attempts" I would assume you are talking about certificates that are generated for both the clients and server.
(2015-10-28, 11:41:59 am)mario1 Wrote: When you said "If you use certificate authentication simply ignore these connections attempts" I would assume you are talking about certificates that are generated for both the clients and server.

Yes, these certificates are something the attempted connection initiators don't have. They won't be able to connect. In fact I think the only reason why you see these connections is that the VPN is running on TCP 443 which is the usual SSL port.

As long as you don't share the certificates and server configurations everything should be fine.