How to Know windows VPS?
I am very confused here and very new to all this, I want to know how do i know if company provide windows vps?
All I am seeing is openvz sentora etc
any light on this

I indeed did google but never used vps so confused Clap
No problem, we all were new at some point in time Smile
The company will usually tell you and have it expressly visible in their description of the VPS.

This is because the server landscape is (for good reason) dominated by Linux, and BSD. Both OpenVZ and Sentora are Linux software packages (OpenVZ is for virtualization, Sentora appears to be a control panel for various Linux distributions).

You can either try to read up on server administration for Linux (for example starting with Debian or Ubuntu Server, very good tutorials and much help is available.) or easily find a offer that uses Windows Server licenses. Although they will usually be more expensive, simply because of the need for a separate Windows license.

Additionally, most (but not all) major server software was designed to be used under Linux/GNU or some BSD rather than Windows. So, depending on your use case, you may have more long-term satisfaction using Linux, although with a steeper learning curve if you are not already familiar with it.

EDIT:

Please also make very sure to be tight on your security - no matter what OS you end up using. Make sure to use a well-configured firewall, ideally some kind of rate limiting / HIDS (fail2ban, OSSEC, etc.), virus scanners if appropriate and protocol dependent filters (e.g. not acting as a open relay mail server, or a open dns resolver). Also read and follow the TOS of your future VPS provider. This is because you absolutely don't want to get your server compromised by malicious third parties.
Thanks for your great answer, Its Helpful
But I need windows vps to run windows software,
Do you know any provider where we can install our own windows os?
or simply ultra cheap windows provider by any chance.

Thanks really apperciated for quick response :jump:

Edit: Rep added +1
Glad if I could be of help Smile
Your best bet will be to either find a provider offering a complete Windows package (including a license), or one where you can bring your own license and the provider has an trial image ready.

Actually, I am exclusively using Linux (mostly with OpenVZ) and as such have a hard time giving you a reputable recommendation for a KVM Windows VPS provider. Maybe someone more one the Windows Server side of things can chime in here.

For a serious project the usual cheaper commercial hosters also all offer a Windows option (for extra cost). IIRC the are also sponsors on FreeVPS offering Windows images where you bring your own license.
Actually I am starter dont have big budget to afford thats why looking for any cheap alternative, atleast i can be experienced with software which i will install on vps
As far i know, the windows vps virtualization is KVM and XEN.
OpenVZ is just for linux based only. Laugh
Thanks FreeVPS.us and ZXPlay for VPS7 Smile

Quote:
This Month Post Count =
[Image: img.php?id=%2Ffvps&v1=true&userid=12036]
You can find a Windows vps with 1 GB RAM for around $5 and one with 2GB RAM for $7 - $10. If the provider offer KVM then there is a very good chance they have several Windows templates. You might have to have your own Windows license or use the Trial version.
VPS 18 : VPS 27 Thank You Freevps.us & GalaxyHostPlus

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=8114&txt=1]

(2015-11-25, 8:47:58 am)noballz Wrote: As far i know, the windows vps virtualization is KVM and XEN.
OpenVZ is just for linux based only. Laugh

Ok KVM & XEN panel support windows..oh

thanks

(2015-11-25, 1:58:07 pm)dudex Wrote: You can find a Windows vps with 1 GB RAM for around $5 and one with 2GB RAM for $7 - $10.  If the provider offer KVM then there is a very good chance they have several Windows templates.  You might have to have your own Windows license or use the Trial version.

oh beautiful, tell me good provider that price

Thanks Again
Ultra cheap and good are not 2 words which often come together. WeloveServers and Hudsonvalleyhost both had Windows servers for less than $10 when I checked last time. But I don't know they are good or bad though. There must be others too. Also you might find a great from with Black Friday deals.
VPS 18 : VPS 27 Thank You Freevps.us & GalaxyHostPlus

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=8114&txt=1]

Well, generally, cheap Windows VPS servers aren't exactly that great.
You'd probably do better if you used a reputable provider like DigitalOcean or Vultr.
Just wandering around, nothing more.

(Wow, it's been years and I took me this long to realize I had a typo in my signature :/)