Free Gigarank post for host VPSs
Gigarank is making some changes to its Website, Forum and its requirements for Free VPSs.  The owner (with effect of 6 April) has dropped the number of posts needed for a free VPS to 25 quality posts.  20 quality maintenance posts per month are needed to keep the VPS.  The owner has also doubled the RAM to 512 MB. 

Here are the specs for the VPSs:
  • Choice of Linux operating system
  • 10 GB HDD (Hard Drive Space)
  • 75 GB Bandwidth (Monthly Transfer)
  • 512 MB DDR3 Ram
  • 1 Dedicated IPv6 (or IPv4) Address
  • Virtualizor Control Panel
  • Full Root SSH Access
Once the posts have been made a VPS can be applied for in the Forum.  Note that the application sub-forum will only be visible after 25 posts have been made.

Gigarank Forum: http://www.gigarank.net/forum/
Gigarank VPS Terms and Conditions: http://www.gigarank.net/forum/thread-2759.html
Gigarank Guidelines for Quality Posts and Forum Rules: http://www.gigarank.net/forum/thread-10.html
1 Dedicated IPv6 address?
I'd rather it be 1 dedicated IPv4 address + IPv6 block (/64 - if not, /112 worst case scenario)

Anyways, nice to see that the forum is growing - but I do expect the forum template to be at least renovated.

Code:
Our members have made a total of 39,873 posts in 4,296 threads.
We currently have 63,575 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, junio mendes
The most users online at one time was 216 on 08-26-2015 at 06:18 PM

Very good job with nearly 40k posts Wink

Just wandering around, nothing more.

(Wow, it's been years and I took me this long to realize I had a typo in my signature :/)

Nice to see the upgrades.
Earlier it was 75 posts per month!
See the "75 GB Bandwidth".
i.e, 2.5GB / day
Its good that RAM is upgraded and less posts but i still think that 75 GB Bandwidth is too less, maybe good for web hosting but not for hosting gameservers in it.
Hmm, yea maybe increase the Bandwidth as @Lampard stated, will love to get a vps from ya Tongueout
a.k.a Honey
(2016-04-09, 11:05:40 am)FlamesRunner Wrote: 1 Dedicated IPv6 address?
I'd rather it be 1 dedicated IPv4 address + IPv6 block (/64 - if not, /112 worst case scenario)

Anyways, nice to see that the forum is growing - but I do expect the forum template to be at least renovated.

Code:
Our members have made a total of 39,873 posts in 4,296 threads.
We currently have 63,575 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, junio mendes
The most users online at one time was 216 on 08-26-2015 at 06:18 PM

Very good job with nearly 40k posts Wink

Thanks for the constructive feedback FlamesRunner.  We're working on a total revamp of the Website template as we speak.  Will take a while though, but for now it's great progress for me.   :good:

(2016-04-09, 5:36:05 pm)Lampard Wrote: Its good that RAM is upgraded and less posts but i still think that 75 GB Bandwidth is too less, maybe good for web hosting but not for hosting gameservers in it.

Thanks Lampard.  I'll refer the owners to this thread.  Let's see what we can do about this.
(2016-04-09, 5:36:05 pm)Lampard Wrote: Its good that RAM is upgraded and less posts but i still think that 75 GB Bandwidth is too less, maybe good for web hosting but not for hosting gameservers in it.

The bandwidth is still good for game hosting. I don't remember any gameserver eating up a whole 75giga bandwidth for running. I do agree that gameservers eats a large amount of bandwidth but to a certain limit not more than 50giga.

The offer looks good. I see alot of complaints here regarding the specifications of the vps, come on guys remember they are free and I am sure they will provide better plans for you guys in the future. Best of luck who goes there to apply for a vps after completing their monthly requirements and wishing a good luck to the website owners. Smile
Warm Regards,
Chuckie

(2016-04-15, 12:02:33 pm)Chuckie Wrote: The bandwidth is still good for game hosting. I don't remember any gameserver eating up a whole 75giga bandwidth for running. I do agree that gameservers eats a large amount of bandwidth but to a certain limit not more than 50giga.

The offer looks good. I see alot of complaints here regarding the specifications of the vps, come on guys remember they are free and I am sure they will provide better plans for you guys in the future. Best of luck who goes there to apply for a vps after completing their monthly requirements and wishing a good luck to the website owners. Smile

Thanks for the positive feedback Chuckie, this is much appreciated.  Here's a bit of a downer however for those who were thinking along the lines of gameservers.  Gigarank doesn't allow its VPSs to be used as gameservers.  Preference is for the VPS to be used for web and application education and development purposes.  Refer the TOS:
http://www.gigarank.net/forum/thread-2759.html
(2016-04-15, 12:02:33 pm)Chuckie Wrote: The bandwidth is still good for game hosting. I don't remember any gameserver eating up a whole 75giga bandwidth for running. I do agree that gameservers eats a large amount of bandwidth but to a certain limit not more than 50giga.

It is free but if they want to provide something for free, they should provide proper VPS plans. I would say that people would choose FREEVPS.us or freedomain.club first than choosing that website.

75 GB per month is not enough if you are hosting a serious gameserver, with many people.
(2016-04-15, 7:35:52 pm)Lampard Wrote: It is free but if they want to provide something for free, they should provide proper VPS plans. I would say that people would choose FREEVPS.us or freedomain.club first than choosing that website.

75 GB per month is not enough if you are hosting a serious gameserver, with many people.

A serious game server won't be hosted on free service / for an advice take it. If your server is that good you can get donation from players or you can make money from google ad sense by creating forums. That could get them a decent VPS from a premium host. 

Provide proper plans? They do give proper plans, they are not providing 1GB or 10GB. Instead they're giving 75GB which is enough for all general purposes. Tell me how much bandwidth do you use? I had a SA-MP server which had been on hosted tab, it used to have a average player hit of 100. It didn't came even close to 75GB/month.
Warm Regards,
Chuckie