[VPS] Aruba Cloud 60 Days Trial
Hello,

I read an advertisement here. I've had no difficulty during the registration, only one small problem about Management / Control Panel's password.

Here is my review.

Virtualization
They are using VMWare vSphere as their hypervisor. Not much provider out there are offering this kind of hypervisor at affordable price.
Spoiler: show

Terminal

[root@abhe01 ~]# lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                1
On-line CPU(s) list:   0
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    1
Socket(s):             1
NUMA node(s):          1
Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel
CPU family:            6
Model:                 63
Model name:            Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
Stepping:              2
CPU MHz:               2299.998
BogoMIPS:              4599.99
Hypervisor vendor:     VMware
Virtualization type:   full
L1d cache:             32K
L1i cache:             32K
L2 cache:              256K
L3 cache:              25600K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0

Specification
I am using small package with specifications as follows.
1 core Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
1 GB RAM
20 GB SSD
2 TB traffic limit

Our classic Free VPS benchmark script showed:
Code:
System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 2299.998 MHz
Memory          : 993 MB
Swap            :  MB
Uptime          : 27 days, 6:50,

OS              : \S
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64
Hostname        : abhe01

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is --censored---

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        83.9MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          4.52MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       6.08MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.07MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       6.96MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       12.4MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          9.20MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       1.96MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         14.2MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        83.4MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 579 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 644 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 712 MB/s
Average I/O     : 645 MB/s

Everything looks great. Unfortunately, no IPv6 is given.

Speedtest
[Image: 5251883059.png]

Disk I/O Test
To be honest, I don’t trust FreeVPS’ benchmarking script of disk I/O speed on VMWare. Then, I will test disk I/O directly on the VPS.
[Image: AfS5xpg.jpg]

It’s too bad for an SSD disk. My laptop direct I/O speed performs better.
[Image: 7YcbMBS.jpg]

UNIX Bench
You can read this VPS UnixBench result here.

GeekBench 3
Here is the result

Control Panel
They seems use their in-house control panel. It is easy to understand and use. Plus, it has multiple languages.
[Image: FsU9Yp5.png]

[Image: gfjGsJK.png]

[Image: wSkjZIc.png]

[Image: 09wmnyN.png]

Conclusion
With the price of €1 per month (lowest package), it is very worth it to try. Everything is just great except for accessing time to your server's panel is quite slow and no ability to install from ISO. Also, I have not yet sent a support ticket.

For this provider, I would rate them 7/10.

Thank you for reading my review.
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support
Great review. Do you know that what do they do if we exceed the 2TB monthly bandwidth limit?
Will they stop the server or just limit the upload speed? And this limit only for upload or upload plus download?
And I'd like to mention that they offer servers in Czech Republic and in Italy too, where not many providers offers.
(2016-04-15, 5:38:33 pm)HXY Wrote:  Great review. Do you know that what do they do if we exceed the 2TB monthly bandwidth limit?  
Will they stop the server or just limit the upload speed? And this limit only for upload or upload plus download?

I don't know. I have no intention to use that 2 TB monthly limit, and I only once contacting their support team (regarding my control panel password).

Hi,

I am thinking about hosting a MMORPG, can you please tell me how the speed of a SDD and HDD would affect my game?

Thank you
[Image: 5d79e0f7c0732ca3a1c85a3e5f4f9498.gif]                                                                                    [Image: thapple.gif~c200]
(2016-06-04, 12:00:07 pm)coldwin Wrote:  Hi,

I am thinking about hosting a MMORPG, can you please tell me how the speed of a SDD and HDD would affect my game?

Thank you

I never tested a game server. And I believe there are numerous results on search engine if you are willing to search, just don't be lazy Smile

Thank you great review.

I/O speed is not conclusive as it may be capped as it is just 1 euro vps. Moreover when you are comparing vps with another one, command or specification must be same. I/O speed depends on other factors as well like of cpu processing.

Overall it is a awesome review and you can not get so cheap VPS with lot of bandwidth.
(2016-06-05, 1:30:09 am)saurav Wrote:  Thank you great review.

I/O speed is not conclusive as it may be capped as it is just 1 euro vps. Moreover when you are comparing vps with another one, command or specification must be same. I/O speed depends on other factors as well like of cpu processing.

Overall it is a awesome review and you can not get so cheap VPS with lot of bandwidth.

I tried their Czech, French and German node. The first two SSD drive sometimes really slow down (20-30 Mbps), but the German server never goes below 400 Mbps, I could achieve up to 600 Mbps.

Also I'd like to mention that they no longer give 10 Euro credit just 2.5 Euro, which is still enough for two months trial with their lowest package. I think that this is probably because the large number of requests.
Quite a nice review. Thank you for that. It seems it should still worth a try although it's now only 2.5 Euro credit. Overall performance is good enough with this kind of price level.
Great review abhe, keep it up! I'll give you a rating of 10/10 for your review. Tounge

I think the price is alright for a service like this. I've personally never heard of Aruba and I'm surprised they even have their own ASN. I guess they're really a legitimate business and know what they're doing. I'll definitely start researching them, I really do want to know if it's a reputable provider and live up to their promises.
I really don't expect too much from a VPS of this coat. The specifications seem really nice (specially the 2 TB limit) for a VPS of such nominal fee. I myself am planning to try it for a month. It was a nice review by the way.
Thanks to FreeVPS and GalaxyHostPlus for VPS 22!