Afreecloud - Free Web Hosting
Just seen this site, If this was posted before, please do delete. I did search "afreecloud" and "a free cloud" but nothing came out.

AFreeCloud is a project by Joe Dougherty, co-founder of Secure Dragon LLC. and previous administrator of FreeWebHostingTalk.com. Joe used to be very active in the Free Web Hosting community until Secure Dragon came along in 2010 and ate up all of his online time (currently a two-man operation in 9 different data centers, over 1000 active clients, and he also wrote and maintains their custom control panel called Wyvern).

A Free Cloud
Disk Space: 1GB
Bandwidth: 100GB
100% FREE!

Here's the paid plan:
An Immense Cloud
Disk Space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 1000GB
$3.65/Year

INCLUDED: UNLIMITED E-mail Addresses, FTP Accounts, MySQL Databases, Subdomains
CONTROL PANELS: Interworx, cPanel, VestaCP
LOCATIONS: California, Nevada, Colorado

+ Order from your home ISP, we don't accept orders from Proxies/VPNs
+ Provide a real name, obviously fake names will fail review
+ Provide your correct country, your IP will be checked but this is about honesty
+ Provide a valid e-mail, you must verify your e-mail address
+ Be patient, approvals may take time depending on how many orders are in the queue
+ Be good, any suspicious behavior or contact will result in a failed review
+ Agree to our Terms of Service and Acceptable Usage Policy
Tall image removed by mod.
Wordpress Web Design, Wordpress News
I looked into afreecloud in the past. They seem to have a reputation for good service and excellent communication. I elected not to participate in their free hosting as some of the restrictions in their acceptable use policy would didn't quite fit my needs (namely no unnattended server side scripts) and I was worried the 1gb of storage would simply not be adequate. Hopefully it is appropriate to reproduce their acceptable use policy here, along with a recommendation to check the link in case of updated terms.

https://afreecloud.com/index.php?p=aup

AFreeCloud.com Acceptable Usage Policy
The following activities and usage are prohibited:
  • You may not run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server.
  • You may not provide or operate a free public hosting service unless approval from management for each service.
  • You may not participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities.
  • You may not run a proxy site (private or public).
  • You may not use our services for file hosting/storage only.
  • Transmission, distribution, or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited.
  • Sending or utilizing Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"), running any mailing lists, or engaging in SPAM-like activity.
  • Advertising or providing any product or service that is designed to violate the terms or licenses of any company.
  • Operating on behalf of or providing access to any entities listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations(ROKSO) database.
  • Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource.
  • Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means with intent to avoid payment.
  • Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information or data of AFreeCloud or end-users by any means.
  • Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass or cause a denial-of-service to any other user regardless of network.
  • Using AFreeCloud's Services to interfere with the use of AFreeCloud or any other network.
  • Containing or linking to content that AFreeCloud considers illegal, obscene, insulting, distasteful, or that would make AFreeCloud a target for attacks, threats, or any other form of negative action.
  • You may not run any process that AFreeCloud deems excessive and impacts the other users on your server.
first one i need to ask why is this site so ugly ? it is not look good then can we trust this host? where is the server located ? what about cpu limit ?
[Image: img.php?userid=16703]

Thank you for your great service . For many years am here Forever . Vps   Fuzzyhost Thank you  and Freevps Thank you  :bashful:  :cute:

Stated on my post, the co founder of Secure Dragon LLC started this project. No catch provided you follow all rules
Tall image removed by mod.
Wordpress Web Design, Wordpress News
Well 1gb with 100gb of transfer not a bad idea for small blog.
I think will give it a try sometime. And start a new blog.
does port 3306 for remote connection is open in afreecloud?
Nice plans, free hosting for lifetime? or just trial?
I would like to sign up But does it offer free SSL too?
(2016-07-22, 4:17:56 am)TimeRider Wrote:  I would like to sign up But does it offer free SSL too?

Not as far as I can see.  You can check the hosting specs below.
https://afreecloud.com/index.php?p=hosting

As far as I can see it's a no-frills very basic shared hosting account.  1GB disk space and 100GB bandwidth.  Either with cPanel, Interworx or VestaPanel.  Unlimited e-mail addresses, mySQL databases, ftp accounts and sub domains.  You can use either your own domain or a sub-domain that is provided.  Location of servers is California and Nevada.  No support provided.

If you sign up make sure not to use a proxy.  If you check the FAQs the owner is quite serious about this.  IPs get checked apparently.

Looks interesting to me from the point of view of the owner of the hosting service who is a real character in the hosting business.  But my ISP is located too far from the servers.
(2016-07-22, 6:51:18 am)deanhills Wrote:  As far as I can see it's a no-frills very basic shared hosting account.  1GB disk space and 100GB bandwidth.  Either with cPanel, Interworx or VestaPanel.  Unlimited e-mail addresses, mySQL databases, ftp accounts and sub domains.  You can use either your own domain or a sub-domain that is provided.  Location of servers is California and Nevada.  No support provided.

I registered and only VestaCP and California location is available for free because there were a lot of abusers.
(I can't find their forum post about this)
They offer free support at their public forum in their free plan.

For their paid plans they offer support by email and all locations are available.