linuxzoo.net free vps for students/testing/learning
I found this site last night and thought it might have some limited usefulness for some users. Linuxzoo was started in 2004 by Gordon Russell.

They allow you to create a virtual machine. They have a few linux as well as some windows service available.

Access to the service is handled by queue with students receiving priority.

All incoming and outgoing traffic is logged, so it's not recommended to use this service if you're dealing with sensitive data or if you're wanting it for some illegal/underhanded purpose.

[taken from linuxzoo.net]
In learning Linux, we will be using a remote Linux machine. This machine will be under your complete control, and you have to start it and stop it just like any normal machine.
[snip]
Your position in the queue, your speed in getting a machine, the amount of time you get using a machine, and the things you can do with the machine once you have one are all related to the information you give during registration. This can range from 10 minutes of machine time, up to 2 hours of guaranteed time with automatic time extensions if the site is quiet (which is called HOLD time in the interface).
[snip]
The architecture was designed to be scalable. As of August 2011 we have 7 nodes. This can thoretically support approximately 134 guests, each with 512mb of virtual ram. In reality we have had up to 80 guests running simultantously without significant issues.

My opinion: I tried this service briefly last night, and was able to create a virtual machine to which I had root access. I would say that the speed/responsiveness of the vps was adequate. Compared with similar vps here and at freedomain.club it just didn't feel quite as peppy or responsive. After about 20 minutes I was put on hold (I'm guessing this was from a higher priority user in the queue). While the usefulness for me is somewhat limited, others with more specific needs might find it worthwhile: particularly students (who may receive higher priority in the queue) or for developers wanting to test software on mulltiple platforms.
oh that means they are providing vps for 14 days??

registered now ..they are providing vps for 13 days..rest review after using it
Hmm ok. I'll try this and see what i can do. I can setup a webserver on Windows. Tongueout
Thanks For the VPS 7, and the VPS 9 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.

Quote: oh that means they are providing vps for 14 days??

registered now ..they are providing vps for 13 days..rest review after using it

The vps are provided for 14 days until your account is verified by email. Once you've verified your email it should be indefinite.
Not bad for testing/learning.
They seem to prioritize students from a specific institution, but the queue is not a problem I always got a machine when requested (tested about 4 times) and time gets extended automatically by default. Deployment is very fast. Network speed is OK but CPU performance sucks at 200MHz won't be good for anything demanding (which they don't seem to allow anyway).
Server is only accessible from your home IP. They have a tutorial section for beginners.

I couldn't access Kali Linux image using default user:pass but Centos and Caine worked well (I'm on mobile device so haven't tested Windows).

If you need something more persistent with root it would be better to use Koding or Labxnow (Linux only).
I think it is only good for testing purposes as its only for 14 days, but i think Koding will benefit the students more than this.
This offer will not suitable for me. But it's definetly helpful for the students who deals with coding and things.
Warm Regards,
Chuckie

(2016-04-29, 11:58:47 pm)Chuckie Wrote: This offer will not suitable for me. But it's definetly helpful for the students who deals with coding and things.

Agreed it may not be suitable for us. It may be useful to some students who can't help themselves as much, but your brighter students are usually very resourceful and picky at the same time, no doubt they'll find a free VPS like we do, maybe even better because they're so resourceful.
I have used it . it is very bad . it automatically closes after 5-10 minits then i have to turn it on again . very poor service.
(2016-04-30, 3:51:14 am)inamullah9 Wrote: I have used it . it is very bad . it automatically closes after 5-10 minits then i have to turn it on again . very poor service.

as it says, it is a free service. i think you don't have to complain about it. it is not politely, dude Smile
Devil Provided by Hostigation and NodeBlade through FreeVPS Devil
In the Beginning... Was the Command Line