How to setup a simple IRC Server on your VPS
Hello guys, today I'll teach how to setup a very, very simple IRC Server on your VPS with IRCD Hybrid.

1. Connect to your VPS by using SSH (Putty, OpenSSH, etc).

2. Install IRCD Hybrid by typing:

Terminal

apt-get install ircd-hybrid

Your IRC Server is now fully working, and you can connect from any IRC Client.
You may also want to edit the MOTD, for it you may run

Terminal

nano /etc/ircd-hybrid/ircd.motd

Edit to the MOTD that you want and then restart the server by typing:

Terminal

sudo /etc/init.d/ircd-hybrid restart

Do you have any problems? Let me know here!
VPS 16 by HostUS.
Thanks FreeVPS Smile
Thanks for sharing this solution. Quite easy to setup.
(2016-07-08, 4:05:45 am)Neco Wrote:  Thanks for sharing this solution. Quite easy to setup.

Yup, you can setup in less than a minute Smile
VPS 16 by HostUS.
Thanks FreeVPS Smile
Huh, lmao. This is very easy, thank you for this tutorial. Although, have you actually tried it? You might have just copy pasted this, it seems like you don't have any VPS to try it yourself.
Ehm, I'll test it anyways.
[Image: img.php?userid=18257]
(2016-07-09, 12:44:30 pm)RavenHo Wrote:  Huh, lmao. This is very easy, thank you for this tutorial. Although, have you actually tried it? You might have just copy pasted this, it seems like you don't have any VPS to try it yourself.
Ehm, I'll test it anyways.

Yes... I have a VPS from @coreyman at freedomain.club..
VPS 16 by HostUS.
Thanks FreeVPS Smile
(2016-07-10, 10:35:10 am)rcoliveirajr Wrote:  Yes... I have a VPS from @coreyman at freedomain.club..

I hope you really tried it your own, and would appreciate if you could include "How to configure the server" in your tutorial. Smile
(2016-07-11, 2:42:32 am)try3vps Wrote:  I hope you really tried it your own, and would appreciate if you could include "How to configure the server" in your tutorial. Smile

I didn't do any other configuration, since I have setup my IRC Server for an VB.NET project that I'm developing, I'm using it for the programs communicate whith each other, not users talk to others, but I'll look forward for the configurations and then update the thread.
VPS 16 by HostUS.
Thanks FreeVPS Smile
(2016-07-11, 2:42:32 am)try3vps Wrote:  I hope you really tried it your own, and would appreciate if you could include "How to configure the server" in your tutorial. Smile

agreed. the installation is the simple way of an IRC server setting up. the more important thing is the way we set the configuration. port forwarding, domain pointing (including IPv6 set up), staff level access, etc. perhaps he can update his post sooner (or it is just a copy from another post Wink  )
Devil Provided by Hostigation through FreeVPS Devil
In the Beginning... Was the Command Line
is included NickServ, ChanServ and OperServ for operating IRC Services? for me for ircd is UnrealIRCD and services is a Anope Services
[Image: generate.php?top1=RIP+VPS+7&top2=ZxPlay+...ZxHost&sp=]
[Image: img.php?userid=13419]
(2016-07-29, 3:50:30 pm)g4me0ver Wrote:  is included NickServ, ChanServ and OperServ for operating IRC Services? for me for ircd is UnrealIRCD and services is a Anope Services

No. you would have to setup IRCD services manually. UnrealIRCD is an IRCD server also. So if you want to use ircd-hybrid, you would have to uninstall UnrealIRCD.
Thanks For the VPS 18 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.