Why are game servers attracting D(DoS) attacks?
I was wondering why Gameservers attract  lot of DoS ,DDoS attacks?
Fly
Some player do ddos attacks when the server is very famous and the owner don't have ddos protection.
Thank you FreeVPS and Hostigation for VPS 18 
Usually they attract attacks like this because they were either banned or disciplined on that server. Sometimes it's just the competition being salty.
[Image: img.php?userid=8551]
These type of things happen because of owner, not owner everytime, but if a owner is not good with players then you will see that the server is always active and it don't get attacked.

There are also some other reasons like when server becomes popular and some people don't like to see the activity of those servers so they attack those servers, but its always good for the big servers, the popular servers to use a DDoS Protected servers as those big servers really need it and its very important for them.

There is also other reason like when a player gets banned he becomes mad and do these type of things, but those banned players will do that thing for sometime, when they are not mad, they will stop it.
(2016-07-16, 11:23:41 pm)Lampard Wrote:  These type of things happen because of owner, not owner everytime, but if a owner is not good with players then you will see that the server is always active and it don't get attacked.

There are also some other reasons like when server becomes popular and some people don't like to see the activity of those servers so they attack those servers, but its always good for the big servers, the popular servers to use a DDoS Protected servers as those big servers really need it and its very important for them.

There is also other reason like when a player gets banned he becomes mad and do these type of things, but those banned players will do that thing for sometime, when they are not mad, they will stop it.

Yes, there are other reasons but sometimes its just that people are jealous.
[Image: img.php?userid=8551]
There are 3 primary reasons:

1. Jealousy. Someone else running a server of the same type may be grumpy that server x is doing better than their server and DoS to vent their anger.

2. Retaliation. As @Translucent said, people who were disciplined or simply told off because of their actions on a server may want "payback" and attack.

3. Trolling. I know some kids who just like to point LOIC at some server and DoS it just for fun. This is prolly the least common reason, but it happens.

It's also easier to block DoS/DDoS over TCP than UDP, which is why gameservers are more targeted than websites.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
There are many reasons, generally because the community/server is much more better and successfully attracted players or a cheater that got banned and he's trying to take a revenge.
all the reasons have already been stated in the replies above, sharing a bad experience i had about ddos, i was part of a gaming community staff long back, we then partnered with another community, then comes the jealous part, because our community growing more popular, they started to ddos us, which resulted in the end of the partnership. most of the one who will do it is eventually those being banned or jealous or simply a kid having fun.
In game server business we have lot's of compitent and jelous game server owners, they want your server to be down so your players will transfer either in your server or to other, thats why if your running a game server it's number 1 prerequisite is a DDoS protection but even your server have DDoS they can still make it down specially those game server are too famous.
Competition, jealousy, revenge, ego, way to make people know someone can ddos, lack of security, owner do not care someone and he start getting attention by ddosing, etc are the common reasons for attacks.But some people just tries to destroy everything as a part of hobby or psycological issues by setting things automatically.
Show support by wearing an Avatar or Signature or Custom Rank if you think freevps.us should not be closed.
Code:
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15z1afs.jpg[/IMG]
#SaveFreeVPS for the future