[SOLVED] HostUS - DDoS attack related downtimes
Dear FreeVPS VPS 15 & 16 Owners,

We would like to inform you that currently your provider HostUS is being attacked with DDoS attacks on all their locations and moreover there is also an issue in the Atlanta location with the network at Cogent.

Due to the huge amount and huge volume of the attacks there are unfortunately downtimes. HostUS is however working together with all their data centers to resolve this as fast as possible.

Quote:HostUS
Following an extortion attempt, HostUS is currently experiencing sustained large-scale DDOS attacks against a number of locations.
The attacks were measured in one location at 300Gbps. In another location the attacks temporarily knocked out the entire metropolitan POP for a Tier-1 provider.
Please be patient. We will return soon. Your understanding is appreciated.

Feel free to check https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/88...e-blackout for updates on this case.
Good to know HR. I started a paid subscription for a VPS with HostUS last week, and was going to work on the VPS tonight. I'll leave it until the coast is clear and will be watching this thread. I remember at the time I joined last week that Atlanta had gone down. Must have spread to the other locations.
Latest status regarding this situation:
Quote:Currently ATL01 and LA01 are offline (LA02 is online) all other locations are currently online.

We are working to get ATL01 and LA01 online ASAP - working with our providers to make that happen.
By the way, ATL01 is online (always was), just cannot be connected to.

For some reason, my IRC bouncer is still connected to IRC (but cannot be connected to), and responds to CTCP requests (such as asking for client version).
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
A new update by AlexanderM
Quote:ATL01 and LA01 still down - we're trying to bring it back up. - UTC 4:57PM
It appears that ATL01 is online.
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
More recent news:
Quote:All locations are online currently, we have got more staff this now to help monitor everything.

I personally apologize, and I'll be sure to take this as far as possible.

Quote:LA01 and ATL01 are dropped again. Working ASAP
The server appears to work, it appears to have returned 2 minutes ago.
The HostUS site including billing and so on is back online.

Everything else like the customer services are up and running. The situation is being monitored by HostUS.

I am marking this as solved.