Zoho Mail vs Yandex Mail
Hello,

Anyone got experiences with the two? Which is better? Any cons/pros?
I currently use google apps for my domains, but I'm asking this for a friend/client... and him paying monthly isn't an option.

Thanks!
Tall image removed by mod.
Wordpress Web Design, Wordpress News
Yandex Mail because
  1. You can add unlimited domains (Zoho only allows one domain)
  2. There is a huge limit in terms of how many e-mail addresses per domain you can create (up to 1000 e-mail addresses while Zoho only allows 25)
  3. E-mail accounts get access to all Yandex services a la Google Apps (Yandex Drive and etc... just like with Google Apps).
  4. It is fairly easy to setup and control while Zoho has tons of different and difficult options (but that actually is also a small plus for Zoho because it has more advanced configurations than Yandex).
  5. Works with all domains (Zoho blocks free domains... even eu.org)
To my experience Yandex mail has unlimited download limit for its filed in mail. Despite this I also have used its drive management for downloading and sharing files. Even it is not limited to this and they also have less ADVERTISEMENTS compared to Google and Zoho Mail.

I just tried Zoho Mail and to me the login page takes forever to load. Mails take a bit longer to sync than Yandex Mail. Yonder Mail on the other hand has more functionalities and long term wise it is better because it is developed by Russian who are notorious for hacks, which would allow the company to grow even more even Google hires hackers but Yandex has more experienced hackers Smile
[Image: 5d79e0f7c0732ca3a1c85a3e5f4f9498.gif]                                                                                    [Image: thapple.gif~c200]
I've decided to try Yandex Mail. I'm not very fond of its UI, and I also get notification (a 1 unread mail on the favicon) eventhough I was the one that sent the email. Mail gets delivered promptly, both ways... I'll try this for a couple of days and check how their spam filtering are. Google is very terrible. I get 10 a day or more.
Tall image removed by mod.
Wordpress Web Design, Wordpress News
@Xinen

I've noticed you're talking about spam. Zoho is quite the loser in this terms. I got a lot of e-mails from random fake people and totally random addresse with attachements that are infected with crypto trojans to e-mail addresses that I have for a domain on Zoho. In addition to that I get some weird dating e-mails. The funny thing is the e-mail addresses are only used for internal communication and some services registered to them like 3rd party SMTP providers, CloudFlare and etc.

So I have zero clues about how the heck I am getting so much spam and especially so much crypto trojans infected spam mails.
(2016-08-12, 12:12:59 am)Hidden Refuge Wrote:  So I have zero clues about how the heck I am getting so much spam and especially so much crypto trojans infected spam mails.

Probably the same way that most people get them: mass-mailing bots that send to random addresses. /offtopic

I will agree that Zoho is a PoS when it comes to spam filering though as I have had the exact same experience as HR. Yandex might not have a pretty interface, but you can use your favorite IMAP client if that's a problem.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
I have tried Yandex Mail ,it was okay for me. i only got very few spams, don't know why. i have not used zoho yet.Smile
Fly
(2016-08-12, 1:54:46 am)DJboutit Wrote:  Just food for though that Yandex might banned some on the internet.

Hopefully you realized that this topic is about Yandex custom domain e-mail service and not about their general @yandex.ru/.net/.com/etc e-mail service.

Yandex has been most likely banned because a lot of spammers usually use Yandex to send spam mails which is really unfortune. The same however happens to Mail.ru and many other e-mail providers. Even big ones like Outlook/Hotmail but the latter ones are not banned because so many legit users use them as their main mail inboxes while Yandex/Mail.ru are not so wide spread (mostly only in Russia/Ukraine and similar countries).

This blocks are however not affecting custom domain mail services as you usually use your own domain(s) for your e-mail addresses and you don't have million inboxes like the general Yandex mail service has.
Please remember that the discussion is about domain mail from yandex/zoho, not the general yandex mail usable without a domain.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
Yandex is nice and easy to manage.
However Zoho has business features like CRM, project management, Reports, etc all for the connected domain.
So if you want to use it for a business then Zoho is a good deal to manage yourself. If you just want to host a mail domain then Yandex is way better.