Denuvo DRM
Well as most of you know Denuvo DRM is exactly the reason why PC piracy is at an all time low. Or rather was.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was cracked this month which did contain Steam Denuvo. That being said, it took over 9 months to crack the game.

This is rather good for the PC gaming community as a whole since Developers can build games for PC and make money rather than losing the money to pirates. Since most AAA titles earn 99% of their revenue within the first few months Denuvo accomplished its job in this department.

Also apparently some releases of the crack contain Bitcoin miners.

Pirates Beware!
[Image: img.php?userid=15852]
Though it is a sensitive issue, but yes, denuvo is also being cracked now. It might take a longer time , but nothing is uncrackable. This rat and cat chase will go on forever. Cracking scene groups are much powerful now. THough i think they took backseat as most of the games are still uncracked, and IMHO, that should be the scenario. Game piracy is at its peak right now . It needs to be diminished.
[Image: 3447516826.png]
The way Denuvo stays on top of that is by constantly updating their system, almost with every game release.
Thank you FreeVPS and Hostigation for VPS 18 
Denuvo is not uncrackable, it is just hard to crack, it has been 9 months, now expect all Denuvo protected games to release in scene for less than 2 months.
Thanks Host4Fun for my VPS 3
I'm not going to close this thread as long as discussion remains in the right side of the law, but I will drop a reminder:
Quote:15. Anything related to piracy (pirated software, music, videos, games, etc...) and other illegal actions (such as hacking, fraud, bruteforce programs/scripts/applications, mail bombers/spam programs/scripts/applications, etc...) is forbidden.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
If I make a game, instead of DRM I use in app purchases for many things which can easily beat any one time payment.
(2016-09-01, 7:25:36 am)dreamwalker Wrote:  If I make a game, instead of DRM I use in app purchases for many things which can easily beat any one time payment.

Very true, the microtransaction model is making DRM all but obsolete for online games. I just had a friend who spent $150 on cosmetic microtransactions in Guild Wars 2.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
DRM is evil.

And no, it's not about piracy (a common misunderstanding), but it's about controlling the user.

That said, I do admit that Denuvo was quite successful at stopping piracy. In fact, it was successful at lowering sales, both because players don't want DRM, and because pirates don't do free advertisement of a game. I would believe most pirates either buy good games (perhaps after playing a pirated version) or don't buy them (because they cannot).

So what the point? In short, I believe it was a PR move towards shareholders (yes, the company did something about piracy, continue paying us money).

Quote:losing the money to pirates

No, nothing was lost. If somebody copies a disk, the producer doesn't lose money due to that. And even potential profits are doubtful, because not every pirate would buy your game if piracy would be nonexistant.
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
Denuvo was ceacked or just bypassed?

(2016-09-02, 5:55:50 am)xfix Wrote:  DRM is evil.

And no, it's not about piracy (a common misunderstanding), but it's about controlling the user.
Yeah
DRM is bad for the pirated versions because difficults cracking but is worst for the legitimate copies who depend constant online license checks, and a lots of burocracy.

My games on Steam are really my?
Well microtransactions are a great way to earn money but certain games like ROTTR will just feel very bland with microtransactions, it will literally make the game suck. Only certain games such as Dota, Fifa, Guild Wars etc are designed in such a way so as to make micro-transactions feel part of the game.

Anyway, it seems Deus-Ex has not been cracked yet so Denuvo wins again. Its good to see developers getting their fair share of money.
[Image: img.php?userid=15852]