How to redirect Custom Domain for Vps IP?
Hi Experts.

i want to make my custom Domain for my Ip to redirect, e.g ( if my IP is 192.168.1.1 then how to redirect it to custom Domain like sagher.com , sagher.org or something like this?
Goto your domain panel provided by your registrar, set up an A record for your domain sagher.org pointing to your IP 192.168.1.1.
You can also setup a CNAME for WWW pointing towards sagher.org, by that both your root domain and www will show the same content.
Show support by wearing an Avatar or Signature or Custom Rank if you think freevps.us should not be closed.
Code:
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15z1afs.jpg[/IMG]
#SaveFreeVPS for the future
(2016-09-19, 10:26:01 pm)sagher Wrote:  Hi Experts.

i want to make my custom Domain for my Ip to redirect, e.g ( if my IP is 192.168.1.1 then how to redirect it to custom Domain like sagher.com , sagher.org or something like this?

I'm not sure if the question is clear enough, do you menat that you want to redirect people visiting your webiste's IP address to the domain name?
If you want to point your domain at an ip, add a new A IN record with the following info:

name: @
address: (your ip address)

If you want to have your IP redirect to a domain, add the following nginx config:
Code:
server{
   listen 80;
   server_name <IP GOES HERE>;
   return 301 http://<DOMAIN GOES HERE>$request_uri;
}
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
For more simple i mean that my ip second name is like " sagher.com or something. same like DNS Host redirect process.
When i put sagher.com its mean i type my ip or its redirect to my ip.
as i know its called DNS Host redirect.
its not a web page or a open web domain.
in past i use no-ip host redirect process . but its need a continuously update process. if you forget it. then host expired.

Hope i explain it more as you need.
There is no such terminology as DNS Host Redirect. A DNS Sever acts as an interpreter to change a domain into an IP, or vice versa (in this case, it is called Pointer or rDNS).

If you need to point your domain to an IP, simply put an A record. Contact your registrar for more help.

If you are using dynamic IP(s), no-ip.com is helping.
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support
(2016-09-20, 3:50:45 am)abhe Wrote:  There is no such terminology as DNS Host Redirect. A DNS Sever acts as an interpreter to change a domain into an IP, or vice versa (in this case, it is called Pointer or rDNS).

If you need to point your domain to an IP, simply put an A record. Contact your registrar for more help.

If you are using dynamic IP(s), no-ip.com is helping.

Yes Sir: i am using dynamic IP and in case of no-ip, my domain is like that " sagher.no-ip.com" or something like this. but if i need my own domain host name like sagher.com or sagher.org and i wish to control it myself with my own vps. then how to configure it on my linux OS server. and where i found A record file for edit as Sir Scath also guide me.
I would say create an A record then CNAME. Easiest way.
Use your IP address as the server name in any web servee config you have.
Then setup a redirect.

@Scath's reply has an example (His reply is also the correct one here imho)
(2016-09-20, 2:49:22 pm)sagher Wrote:  Yes Sir: i am using dynamic IP and in case of no-ip, my domain is like that " sagher.no-ip.com" or something like this. but if i need my own domain host name like sagher.com or sagher.org and i wish to control it myself with my own vps. then how to configure it on my linux OS server. and where i found A record file for edit as Sir Scath also guide me.

If you hosted your VPS at home, you should set it on your home's router. Depends on what your router manufacturer and type, it should be look like this in order to use no-ip or any Dynamic DNS Provider.
[Image: dlucEHU.png]

Most VPS providers give you a static IP address. Contact your provider for help if you get a dynamic IP address.
Thank you FreeVPS and ZXPlay for VPS 7 and 19

[Image: show_img.php?userid=17170&vpscount=2]

Don't PM me for support, use an appropriate forum to ask for support