Which method do you use to install a WordPress script on your VPS?
As everyone knows there are many ways to install a WordPress script.  One can do it through the Command Line, or through an FTP client like FileZilla, or a Panel.

My most preferred and fastest way has always been cPanel Softaculous or through cPanel File Manager, but lately with not having cPanel on a VPS I've been leaning more to installing WordPress with the Command Line.  That has worked out the fastest for me so far, once one knows how to do it.  I do use VestaCP though for creating a database first.  Probably would be interesting to explore creating a database from the command line as well.

I'm wondering what methods FreeVPS users are using for uploading their WordPress sites?  Maybe there are a few methods that I don't know about and would be interesting to explore.
Usually i am using ubuntu 14 and installing wordpress with following commands

Code:
wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
tar xzvf latest.tar.gz
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install php5-gd libssh2-php
sudo rsync -avP ~/wordpress/ /var/www/html/
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data *
mkdir /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads
sudo chown -R :www-data /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads

Commands are copied from digitalocean

I used only the (easiest?) method  which is uploading it through an FTP client (Total Commander).
But I'm sure that there are more easier methods on GitHub which are scripts for automatic install.
Here is one: https://github.com/GeekPress/WP-Quick-Install
(2016-12-05, 5:29:10 am)Nevermind23 Wrote: Usually i am using ubuntu 14 and installing wordpress with following commands

Code:
wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
tar xzvf latest.tar.gz
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install php5-gd libssh2-php
sudo rsync -avP ~/wordpress/ /var/www/html/
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data *
mkdir /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads
sudo chown -R :www-data /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads

Commands are copied from digitalocean

I usually do this on vps. it's easier than uploading from fz.
VPS 15: Thank you HOSTUS & FREEVPS.US For the amazing VPS!Smile

[Image: img.php?userid=19951]

Best according to me is by using command line to grab the latest , update the system and hot it.

The more automated things are, it becomes harder to manage by one guy when something breaks. KISS is the best way for me.
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), ZXPlay and the staff for my vps.
I don't use auto script and always use command line.

My different Wordpress sites needed different setups or different installation locations. For example, they have different php packages needed to install and I don't like installing more than the minimum packages required. So, for me it is better to run the installation manually.
1FLexNZazzgR8Fgh2zUPud3e1codupv1SE
I'm using manual way to install a wordpress on my site. Not using any instant script.

My step is :
1. apt-get update
2. wget latest wordpress file
3. install php5 php5-gd php5-mysqlnd mysql-server
4. install nginx
5. connect php5 process file (.pid or sock) to nginx
6. start nginx

Simple as that
Thanks FreeVPS.us and ZXPlay for VPS7 Smile

Quote:
This Month Post Count =
[Image: img.php?id=%2Ffvps&v1=true&userid=12036]
I'm still using the good old FTP method. But rather than using slow home connection I do it from my Windows VPS which has 100+ Mbps up/down speed. Maybe command like is easy when you learn it but this method is easy and hassle free for me since I'm used to it. I do same for backup files too. FTP download and then dropbox.
VPS 18 : VPS 27 Thank You Freevps.us & GalaxyHostPlus

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=8114&txt=1]

Is there a script that would create everything for me? More like softaculous, but for wordpress only.
(2016-12-07, 9:02:17 pm)Lux Wrote: Is there a script that would create everything for me? More like softaculous, but for wordpress only.

Have u tried Webuzo?
On webuzo seems like softaculous but they packaged with Web, Mail, and Database Server.
But wordpress installation only available on purchased (monthly - licensed) Webuzo not a free one.
Thanks FreeVPS.us and ZXPlay for VPS7 Smile

Quote:
This Month Post Count =
[Image: img.php?id=%2Ffvps&v1=true&userid=12036]