ZXPlay's Canada location reaches EOL
Dear FreeVPS Directory & Discussion Members and especially FreeVPS VPS 7 Owners,

We're very sorry to announce this but very unfortunately @ZXPlay (CEO of ZXHost/ZXPlay) is going to cease their operation in Canada due to massive price increases by OVH for all of their products by a huge percentage of up to 20%! This is very unfortunate and makes the costs for operating service in the location way too high and totally unsustainable.

These changes mean that VPS 7 will be EOL and will be removed from their and our service portfolio with all their other services within the Canada location. @ZXPlay however has given us a great deal. They will provide new VPS 1 in Germany as replacement VPSs for the VPS 7.

We will be staying in touch with @ZXPlay and work out a migration plan for all VPS 7 users ASAP. VPS 7 owners will be notified in private messages as soon as we worked out a plan.

Thank you for your understanding and please forgive us and @ZXPlay for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely yours
Administration & Staff
FreeVPS Directory & Discussion
@HR. How many VPS1's will we have once the replacement of VPS 7 has been completed - will it be 12? What will happen to the category VPS 7?

I think it is an awesome deal. Frankfurt Germany is an excellent location. I've always wished for more VPSs from Germany.
The replacement VPSs will replace the amount of currently available VPS 7. You answered your own question in the question itself.

VPS 7 will be removed "VPS 7 will be EOL and will be removed from their and our service portfolio".
Well that sucks. Hopefully we will have another North American location soon.
Thanks For the VPS 7, and the VPS 14 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.
@Hidden Refuge

Will the virtual servers be migrated for us and we will receive a new IP address?
Or will it be our responsibility to do this?
Just wandering around, nothing more.

[Image: show_img.php?userid=12308&vpscount=2]
(2016-12-17, 2:30:01 pm)FlamesRunner Wrote: @Hidden Refuge

Will the virtual servers be migrated for us and we will receive a new IP address?
Or will it be our responsibility to do this?

It seems the migration plan is still in the works. Please keep an eye out for any PMs if you are an owner of one of the EOL VPSes.
"Post counters? We don't need no stinkin' post counters!"
We've not yet heard back from @ZXPlay. So I cannot say anything about the migration plans or other details as we know nothing at the moment.
Hi HR,
Thanks for the news in advance and thanks to ZXPlay for their great service. If it helps in any way, i have backups of my important files and i won't need a need a migration. Just an account at the new location will do.

Thanks again for this exceptional service.
Rudra
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), ZXPlay and the staff for my vps.
For a Free VPS, nobody should be complaining! Thanks to all of the sponsors who help FreeVPS help the community!
A little update: According to our PM tracking (well, MyBB's PM tracking) @ZXPlay has not read our message and they've not been online since they informed us about this.