System for watching movies by a group of movie fans
I plan to build a system for watching movies by a group of movie fans. They should watch any movie in the same time since it would not be downloading but common watching in real time as tv. Movies could be streamed from some streaming sites or just from server local storage. I don't know how to start it. Which components and scripts. It would be on VPS with Debian.
Thank you
Why do you want to do it yourself? There are a lot of free public services like Ustream, Youtube's stream, Google Hangouts on Air, XSplit Free, YouNow, and Facebook's Livestream etc.
If you're worrying about copyright issues, then I think that is valid only for uploading videos.  

If you want to stream from your own machine/VPS then try Open Broadcaster Software https://obsproject.com/download
@HXY

He is trying to stream movies so of course there will be copyright issues. Almost all of those video sites don't allow movies. At least if they caught you they delete those movies and ban you.

Also you won't able to do it on most vps servers either since it's now allowed by any sane vps provider.
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

(2016-12-21, 10:43:18 pm)dudex Wrote:  @HXY

He is trying to stream movies so of course there will be copyright issues. Almost all of those video sites don't allow movies. At least if they caught you they delete those movies and ban you.

Also you won't able to do it on most vps servers either since it's now allowed by any sane vps provider.

But I think if he stream it on the air and doesn't upload the whole movie for storing, and doesn't share this stream link on the internet for public access, just only for his closest friends so there couldn't be any DMCA request. Unless his friends share this link with someone else too.
As @xdude said, this isn't legal and therefore you're not going to find any help with it here. Thread closed.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.