[Image: img.php?userid=19870&txt=1]
Thanks to FREEVPS.us and HostUS for VPS 16
Thanks to @NoUptime for the lovely VPS
Spoiler: show
My certifications:
[Image: create_badge.php?pass_name=miwilc&badge=2]
[Image: cert.php?u=Michael&pts=24000&t=wus&bg=3]
My post tracker: [Image: post-tracker]
I've been using mysql from long time and never even tried maria-db ( small-scale applications probably ) maybe never required need to upgrade, also possibility because it's already installed in most of the linux OS Distributions
I'm currently using MariaDB for my upcoming project, I used MySQL so much time, but I guess it's time to change, MariaDB is just the updated version of MySQL by the same developers so why use the outdated MySQL?
Thanks Host4Fun for VPS 4, Hostigation for VPS 18, and FreeVPS for being an awesome community!
Thanks NoUptime (@NoUptime) for the VPS!
In the past I used the original MySQL, but since the last few years I use MariaDB mostly.
Nobody use PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Microsoft's SQL server?
Centmin Mod LEMP stack latest beta uses MariaDB 10.1.x branch with support baked in for MariaDB 10.2.x when stable Smile
Centmin Mod Menu Based LNMP autoinstaller for CentOS
Nginx + ngx_pagespeed, MariaDB MySQL, PHP-FPM
:: centminmod.com
(2016-12-24, 8:27:30 pm)HXY Wrote: In the past I used the original MySQL, but since the last few years I use MariaDB mostly.
Nobody use PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Microsoft's SQL server?

I still use the original MySQL, mostly for some older applications. These MySQL applications are still running smoothly, so no need to change.

I also use MongoDB, particularly for applications built for json APIs.
I personally use both. MySQL where it is available by default because I'm too lazy to install repo just to install MariaDB (most of the time with exceptions) if I know that MySQL serves well enough for what I need and of course MariaDB where it is available by default.

Sometimes I need another database server than installed by default. In that I do the extra work and do some research and grab the best repository and install plus configure MariaDB or whatever the other database server is for my project.

@Jayce MySQL is by Oracle which is a commerical company with commercial goals in mind. They are making MySQL non free. MariaDB has been created by a different team and is maintained by other people. It supports many (not all!) MySQL and more are added. MariaDB =/= MySQL though! If you think so you are so so wrong.

With the steps that Oracle is going I'm switching to MariaDB where I can though. Oracle pretty much destroys everything they accquired and that was free and great once.
(2016-12-25, 3:40:46 am)HR Wrote: @Jayce MySQL is by Oracle which is a commerical company with commercial goals in mind. They are making MySQL non free. MariaDB has been created by a different team and is maintained by other people. It supports many (not all!) MySQL and more are added. MariaDB =/= MySQL though! If you think so you are so so wrong.

Oh, I remember that I read an article from a site on the internet which claimed that MariaDB is developed by former MySQL developers. Not sure if that's true however.
Thanks Host4Fun for VPS 4, Hostigation for VPS 18, and FreeVPS for being an awesome community!
Thanks NoUptime (@NoUptime) for the VPS!
I use the default MySQL stock for a my websites needs. Works like a charm!
Thanks For the VPS 7, and the VPS 9 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.

Visit My Website: https://www.AmaechiJ.com
I know this thread is about mysql/mariadb, but i will just say it.
I use postgres, just because i already know how to use it, just that.
I've worked with both, but I liked postgres than mysql, just because it's simpler.