Tribute to Hidden Refuge!
Just heard today of Hidden Refuge's retirement from FreeVPS. I'm sure there must be others who feel the same as I do, and would like to express their appreciation to Hidden Refuge. Hopefully this thread could be used for that purpose. 

I've only known Hidden Refuge since February of 2016 when I first joined FreeVPS, but feel I have benefited in a huge way from his expertise and admin help.  From the little bit I've learned about FreeVPS in this relatively short period of time, Hidden Refuge has deep footprints in FreeVPS history.  All one has to do is to Google with this search term site:freevps.us <freevps hidden refuge>:

site:freevps.us

and the links in Google go on forever.  His has been more than a lasting contribution to FreeVPS.us for sure.  Like an indelible foot print.  Wonder how many years it's going to take someone to catch up to his approx 11,500 QUALITY posts!  Next post count after his is 3,300 posts.

Hidden Refuge was the first friendly face and helping hand I received after I joined in February of this year.  His help since then has been tangible with setting up my two free VPSs and answering my many queries with his usual detailed approach.  His support has also been indirect in the wealth of support articles he has contributed to the forum, and which I could Google when I needed some help. There are huge numbers of reference articles and step by step tutorials as his legacy.  Not to forget all of the regular security posts he contributed in the Security section.  And generosity of answering any question about the most basic aspects of VPS.

Would like to wish him all of the best in his new career and personal life.  I sincerely hope that although he is retired, that we will still see much of him. 

Cheers HR!  [Image: drinks.gif]

Mod edit: moved from general to spam ~Ignis
This should be in the spam section to avoid anyone posting just for the sake of their count. Otherwise you guys will just look like you're taking this a bit out of proportions. Which you already do.

Many thanks to FreeVPS for VPS #13 from ZXPlay and DEDI #1 from GalaxyHostPlus for providing such an amazing service. (Read: How to get a VPS here.)
I too was late to know his retirement, he was a friendly staff member who was committed to make this forum the best.He was more knowledgeble and he was one of the great role model for a staff member, knows how to deal with users and collegues.I wish all the best for his career.
I remember his donations of points from his account, even it is not much useful people was glad to accept it.He do not hold any ego, defensive and arrogant attitudes.I think he shown a good model that the people can follow.
Great salute to the legend Smile
@SLC.  With respect, spam posts can easily be removed.  I think Hidden Refuge deserves better than a spam thread.  Even better than a General of a General Topic. This thread should ideally have been started by a member of staff as well.

Not only have I put considerable effort into my post (like I spent a lot of time on it), but so have others too being genuine and sincere.

I can think of MANY other threads MUCH MORE deserving for a spam thread.   And that have been spammed to heart's content during November through today.  

Will be probably worth knowing and goes without saying that HR made it worth being around here for me.  Particularly since one of my greater objectives has been to learn and do VPSs better.  With him no longer around, that will probably create a little less of a motivation to be around.  Particularly when this thread has to be relegated to a spam thread.  That works totally against my grain.

If this thread stays in the spam section, I'll be on only the required number of posts from now on only.  I don't mind if the author of this thread changes.  But there has to be something dignified to testify to the sincere appreciation by FreeVPS members of HR's efforts.
I am also Missing HR After his retirement i am not feeling Good Because i never seen a administrator like him Friendly and great support Sad Sad Sad
[Image: show_img.php?userid=19215&vpscount=2]
(2017-01-03, 6:39:17 am)deanhills Wrote: @SLC.  With respect, spam posts can easily be removed.  I think Hidden Refuge deserves better than a spam thread.  Even better than a General of a General Topic. This thread should ideally have been started by a member of staff as well.

I didn't question your effort. I questioned effort of other that might come after you. And if someone truly respected him. Then having this topic here proves that. Because your post is not for the count but actually to show your appreciation. I've known HR for quite some time. And I truly respect him (and a lot of other people here on the forum). However, my respect will not be manifested as posts with farewells and let's recount the memories. That's not how I am.

Anyway, I probably formulated that post a bit wrong. Which lead to you misunderstanding me. My bad.

Many thanks to FreeVPS for VPS #13 from ZXPlay and DEDI #1 from GalaxyHostPlus for providing such an amazing service. (Read: How to get a VPS here.)
(2017-01-03, 6:47:52 am)Decent12 Wrote: I am also Missing HR After his retirement i am not feeling Good Because i never seen a administrator like him Friendly and great support Sad Sad Sad

Well, he's still a part of the community which is a good thing indeed, there's too much for us to learn from him.
Spoiler: show
Thanks Hostigation for VPS 18, and FreeVPS for being an awesome community!
Thanks NoUptime (@NoUptime) for the VPS!

Never got to thank him on his retirement announcement thread, but seriously he was a great admin. He literally taught me half the things I know right now about VPS's and how the work.
Thanks for the constant and instantaneous support. Really!
Thank you to http://zxplay.co.uk and https://freevps.us for the VPS 1!

[Image: img.php?userid=15852]
(2017-01-03, 6:50:05 am)S.L.C Wrote: I didn't question your effort. I questioned effort of other that might come after you. And if someone truly respected him. Then having this topic here proves that. Because your post is not for the count but actually to show your appreciation. I've known HR for quite some time. And I truly respect him (and a lot of other people here on the forum). However, my respect will not be manifested as posts with farewells and let's recount the memories. That's not how I am.

Anyway, I probably formulated that post a bit wrong. Which lead to you misunderstanding me. My bad.

Thanks S.L.C.  Although I addressed the post to you, it was not you who changed my thread into a spam thread.  So my issue is not with you.  If it appeared that way, my humble apologies.

I just think HR deserves much more than this.  Better put maybe, FreeVPS.us deserves better than this.
Well i would like to thanks @HR For his work,
Helping us and providing us with this amazing service,
Well 11,000 post says it all that how much you have done hereSmile)
Good luck!
       My Post Count:
[Image: img.php?v2=1&userid=20087] .

Hello! If you are free, Please take a minute and visit my new hosting company : Click here to Redirect.
Well, Thank you Hostigation and FreeVPS for the VPS Servers.
Special thanks to @NoUptime , @konorbi and @rpark for providing me good services.