[PLANNED] [VPS 14] Scheduled Maintenance
Dear members with a VPS 14,

NodeBlade has informed us that they plan to do maintenance on the node with VPS 14s on it from late night 30th until early morning 31st of this month (January). They have not been able to indicate any more accurate times than that, but I will update this post when a more accurate time is available.

This maintenance is to attempt to solve problems related to drive access and IO speeds as discussed in this help thread: https://freevps.us/thread-19948.html
If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread with them.

Best Regards,
Chris
Chris
chris@freevps.us
Just a reminder about this planned maintenance. As I do not have a NodeBlade VPS myself, it would be great if an owner of one could inform us if IO speeds are any better after the upgrade has taken place by replying to this thread.
Chris
chris@freevps.us

Terminal

jayce@vm1:~$ ./bench.sh -io
Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 30.8 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 36.7 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 29.8 MB/s
Average I/O     : 32.4333 MB/s

I don't think it's fixed at all.
Thanks Host4Fun for VPS 4, Hostigation for VPS 18, and FreeVPS for being an awesome community!
Thanks NoUptime (@NoUptime) for the VPS!
@Jayce thanks for the feedback. Has there been downtime to suggest that the upgrade has taken place?
Chris
chris@freevps.us
Well looks like my VPS is still up since 23 days so I think they haven't did the maintenance yet:

Terminal

jayce@vm1:~$ uptime
06:42:37 up 23 days, 22:49, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00

Thanks Host4Fun for VPS 4, Hostigation for VPS 18, and FreeVPS for being an awesome community!
Thanks NoUptime (@NoUptime) for the VPS!
Ok, thanks for that. I have replied to our ticket with the provider to get a status update on this maintenance.
Chris
chris@freevps.us
I got a response to the ticket saying that instead of downtime, they deployed another node with the upgrades they would have performed on the current node as standard on the new node. They have been migrating clients to the new node over the past week or so, and this should therefore lighten the load for VPS 14 users, and IO speeds should be faster.

There is an offer, if you really do need higher IO speeds, to be migrated to the new node. If you wish for your VPS 14 to be migrated, please open a thread in the private help & support section, and I will send through the list to get migrated.
Chris
chris@freevps.us