Which Linux OS is best as per Hardware?
Hello .

I wish to compare linux OS's with system hardware.

Simply i ask if i have
CPU 2 cores
RAM 512 or 1GB
vSwap 512 or 1GB
Bandwidth between 512 to 1TB
Connection 100mbps
1x IPv4

Then which linux Os is best for it
Archlinux ... ?
Ubuntu 32bit
Ubuntu 64bit
Debian 32bit
Debian 64bit
Centos 32bit
Centos 64bit

Even Explain the versions of these OS's
Debian 8 x64_86

I like Debian and I couldn't get a "feel" for package managers like yum, pac etc .
I also like how the Debian maintainers chose to install and upgrade the packages.

[Image: img.php?userid=19870&txt=1]

Thanks to FREEVPS.us  for VPS 14
A huge shoutout to @F7N for the steller cPanel Hosting
Follow me on Mastodon
View me on IRC @SlashNET
You can also Buy me coffee

[url=https://7ob.pw/FreeVPS/?userid=19870][/url]
I've been using CentOS 7 on lowend servers and it's actually pretty fine. I can't say it's faster since I haven't done benchmarks to compare it.

But overall, it is VERYYYYYYY stable. yum is less confusing that apt as well Laugh
@Conan really? Smile I like certain yum features that APT doesn't have but yum doesn't have certain features which APT has so... I prefer Debian, it was made for low-end aswell as high-end systems.

You should try it for a month or so.

[Image: img.php?userid=19870&txt=1]

Thanks to FREEVPS.us  for VPS 14
A huge shoutout to @F7N for the steller cPanel Hosting
Follow me on Mastodon
View me on IRC @SlashNET
You can also Buy me coffee

[url=https://7ob.pw/FreeVPS/?userid=19870][/url]
(2017-02-07, 9:13:04 pm)MichaelW Wrote: @Conan really? Smile I like certain yum features that APT doesn't have but yum doesn't have certain features which APT has so... I prefer Debian, it was made for low-end aswell as high-end systems.

You should try it for a month or so.

Actually, I'm a debian user before I switched to CentOS. I'm also currently running a debian droplet to run a pretty popular site. (Because one of the dependencies of my site only has a precompiled binary for debian and I was too lazy to recompile it)

Yum is actually pretty enough for me. It's also pretty easier. Searching for packages on yum is as simple as typing `yum search <term>`. While on apt you'll need to use a different command. `apt-cache search`.

I find yum much easier to use that apt. But hey, aptitude is also good.