[VPS] NoUptime - Community VPS - Review

NoUptime - Community VPS - Review

Sometime ago NoUptime (@NoUptime) had posted on our forum that they were giving away free VPSes to the community.
I was fairly intrigued by the name and was half expecting them to a NoUptime.com clone. I think it was most satisfying it me that NoUptime was not a fake site, although the name is still quite interesting.

VPS Specifications

Disk Size: 30GB SSD
Monthly Traffic: 1.5TB
IP Addresses: 1 IPv4 address
With additional custom settings: /64 (18,446,744,073) IPv6 addresses (I like IPv6 Wink)
Virtualization: KVM
Control Panel: Virtualizor
Connection: 1 GB/s shared port

System Information & Benchmarks

System Information
Code:
System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 4008.016 MHz
Memory          : 1496 MB
Swap            :  0 MB
Uptime          : 8x days, 21:12,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.4.0-62-generic
Hostname        : nouptime4you.org

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 440 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 432 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 306 MB/s
Average I/O     : 392.667 MB/s
What I have is a high capacity Intel single core with 4.0GHz clock, it comes it 1.5GB of RAM and a user selected amount of swap, in this case 0MB of swap (because swap on a SSD drive could cause problems). I am using Ubuntu 16.04 OS with serverpilot as my server manager.

The I/O speed is awesome, It is usually very fast and I never had a problem with it.

Network Performance
[Image: 6057404780.png]
Code:
Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is 45.58.127.29

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        104MB/s
Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          64.3MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       43.8MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       19.9MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       22.6MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       49.2MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          14.1MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       6.16MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         10.6MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        10.3MB/s

The IPv6 Speed tests are approximately half if the above speeds because I use a tunnel to provide IPv6 addresses.
There is fortunately nothing to be done besides the low IPv6 speed.

Geekbench
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/1866752

Pay attention to the single core because it is a single core system, great results.

My Thoughts

It is a good size VPS provided by a fairly new company, I like the fact that all VPSes are KVM and capable of running windows, just in case I feel I need it.

I feel that this is a great VPS with good network speed, I would definitely recommend NoUptime (@NoUptime)
good connection speed for what I'm seeing. I have applied for one vps and hope that I can get it soon and test some apps that I'm developing on PHP that my current freevps' VPS is almost overloaded with so many things and need a new one.
Thanks FreeVPS.us and Hostigation for VPS 18
[Image: img.php?userid=18506]
Good to see more reviews of their VPS, i think you should have provided a visual speedtest result from speedtest.com, you can get the tool by searching speedtest-cli on google
@Kotagami I usually don't take speedtest.net results but this has been added,

2 ms ping to nearest server

1GB/s download and 0.5GB/s upload, remarkable really.
Impressive ping and the 1gpbs connection works as it should be. I will wait for my vps request, hoping to get it soon
@elneo2013 It really depends on how long @NoUptime can prevent abusive users from getting VPSs.
(2017-02-18, 4:55:43 pm)MichaelW Wrote:  @elneo2013 It really depends on how long @NoUptime can prevent abusive users from getting VPSs.

Abusive users and try not to oversell the vps but with kvm it is difficult to make that. With openvz i know that you can oversell the resources and that will make the vps connection slow and the performance too.

P.S.: I got a vps from nouptime and it works so good, testing a few things now on it. I want to test the I/O speed
Just want to throw in that on my No Uptime VPS, Server 2008 does not go to setup and Server 2012 cannot install because it needs virtio drivers.
hi, I'm tmwc.
I'm not active here anymore.
@The Man Who Can did you try creating a NoUptime support ticket?

I only use Linux for servers, so I never had this problem.
the best thing is these are single core systems. a fully dedicated core is great.

im thinking about requesting one.

i dunno why ppl say stuff likekvm is hard to oversell. these are more resource hungry. so may be not overselling friendly. butpossible.
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), optimus, GHP and the other  staff members.