Termination of VPS 11- GalaxyHostPlus
Dear members,
I'm sorry to announce that GalaxyHostPlus will terminate VPS 11 sponsorship as it's not enough profitable to the company,we are dropping the french kvm. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused, it will be terminated on the 12th of Aug 2017 so the users concerned is advised to make any back up needed so that there's no data loss. Also to note  @LittleMaster as per the thread : https://freevps.us/thread-21042-post-235747.html , your vps was wrongly created on kvm instead of ovz, so your server will be replaced by a vps 5 and don't forget to move your data too.

Kind Regards,
FreeVPS.us Administration
Hmm that's another blow to freevps server pool, loosing another good KVM server. But the Sponsor need to have profits to provider stable sponsorship so these things are unavoidable. Ever since like last May our server pool having very bad luck, keep loosing vps. Sad
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

It is really sad to see this kind of thing happening again. First it was FuzzyHosts, then Verelox now GalaxyHostPlus too?

I think VPS giveaways will give out 0 VPSs now. VPS 11 owners will have to apply for low-end VPSs which there are only 6 of them...
[Image: 5d79e0f7c0732ca3a1c85a3e5f4f9498.gif]                                                                                    [Image: thapple.gif~c200]
(2017-07-25, 6:25:23 am)Goldengate Wrote:  It is really sad to see this kind of thing happening again. First it was FuzzyHosts, then Verelox now GalaxyHostPlus too?

I think VPS giveaways will give out 0 VPSs now. VPS 11 owners will have to apply for low-end VPSs which there are only 6 of them...

GalaxyHostPlus only dumping one vps not cancelling the whole sponsorship. So no need to worry still there will be more vps. Also there is only one vps11 so it won't effect too many members. Still it is a lost.
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

Oh there goes another good kvm server. It looks like our bad luck is continuing. Is it financially bad time for web hosting industry ?
(2017-07-25, 2:33:08 pm)Turbo Wrote:  Oh there goes another good kvm server. It looks like our bad luck is continuing. Is it financially bad time for web hosting industry ?

not really, it's just that the french kvm isn't being profitable so that's why we are dropping it, the rest remains intact.
@Optimus

Small off topic question.. Does French KVMs are more expensive then German or UK locations costwise ? I mean when you guys rent those from data centers.
They're dropping a VPS, that's a bit disappointing. Good think all the other VPSs are running, they're a great sponsor to have!
Thank you HostUS for VPS 16!

Check out @coreyman's Free VPS Club for a free VPS with only 15 posts/month!
No waiting required to get a free VPS, just make posts and apply!
Its really sad to see companies stop sponsoring these Awesome services.
But we live in the real world where stuff like this happens we just have to learn to live with it.
[Image: img.php?userid=15852]
(2017-07-25, 5:00:22 pm)JackRyder Wrote:  Its really sad to see companies stop sponsoring these Awesome services.

Where do you see that GalaxyHostPlus has stopped sponsoring FreeVPS Directory and Discussion?

They have a business and they sell certain products. The France KVM products aren't providing enough income and so they decided to stop sales for it and no longer provide the France KVM product line up. This affects all paying customers, too. Here it is a single of the many other VPS that GHP has sponsored.

I don't see how the cancellation of a unsubstainable product is "they stopped sponsoring this site".