Termination of VPS 27
Dear Members of FreeVPS,

Unfortunately GalaxyHostPlus has decided to cancel the sponsorship of VPS 27. This termination will occur on the 31st of August, 2017. Unfortunately, providing the service was too costly and GHP will be moving to a cloud platform. Thankfully, GHP is still doing well and this cancellation applies only to the two VPS 27s - all others are still being sponsored. It is advised that all owners of VPS 27 back up their data to prevent data loss, and consider moving services to another VPS to prevent interruption.

Kind Regards,
FreeVPS.us Team
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
Bad news. Firstly VPS 11 and now VPS 27. I do hope that no more GHP VPSes will be on the termination list and this one is going to be the last VPS GHP would decide to cancel the sponsorship.
Hmm... KVM are expensive to sponsor, they take up more resources, so hosters usually charge more, it makes sense. Please give us more OVZs than!
Thank you HostUS for VPS 16!

Check out @coreyman's Free VPS Club for a free VPS with only 15 posts/month!
No waiting required to get a free VPS, just make posts and apply!
There Service is really impressive. especially OpenVZ (hardly get any unexpected downtime Wink ).
I hope they won't cancel any OpenVZ Plans from here.
[Image: statimg.php]

[Image: img.php?userid=17802]

My Repo: Flow Theme - Flat Theme - Password Generator - Obsidian Theme
Spoiler: show
VPS2
SPEED TEST

[Image: 4571275887.png]

VPS9
SPEED TEST

[Image: 5393259505.png]
backup - http://puu.sh/oCtEe/db3314e03d.gif
For using the above Postcounter simply copy its link and replace the userid with your once.
if you have /30 posts count slot then just add &vps2 at the last of your postcounter url.
Hello Guys,

We just removing KVM Service as we are upgrading to Cloud. Once we complete I probably add some Cloud Servers to FreeVPS List.
There are only KVM 20 VMs left as we closed the sales of KVM last year. Now time upgrades to the Cloud as this is where Hosting Market is at this moment.
We probably drop few more services and maybe go fully cloud we see how it goes, But time to change from old Technology.

We currently have working Cloud Infrastructure ready from last 3 Months in our German Data Center. I hope to have some more updates soon. Thanks.
@JanuszC

Oh that makes sense. What are you switching to? KVM isn't really an old tech especially because RH supports it. (IIRC Xen is the one getting replced by KVM)
(2017-08-07, 7:25:18 pm)JanuszC Wrote:  Hello Guys,

We just removing KVM Service as we are upgrading to Cloud. Once we complete I probably add some Cloud Servers to FreeVPS List.
There are only KVM 20 VMs left as we closed the sales of KVM last year.  Now time upgrades to the Cloud as this is where Hosting Market is at this moment.

what is meant by upgrading to cloud .. :? Smile  ,anyone?
Fly
(2017-08-07, 8:40:32 pm)Conan Wrote:  @JanuszC

Oh that makes sense. What are you switching to? KVM isn't really an old tech especially because RH supports it. (IIRC Xen is the one getting replced by KVM)

Cloud is still based on KVM, However, it's one node so if the xxx server goes down it's down.
On the cloud, if the xxx server is down VMs will migrate immediately to another node. so better uptime and more options and possibilities.
Basic KVM on SolusVM is not that reliable as on Cloud. Also more profit and interest in the cloud than just basic VPS. Most Basic VMs are just for LowEnd Market these days.

https://opennebula.org Seems best solution for this we tested it all works really well as expected.
Only @deanhills and I use VPS27 so I guess it won't be a big loss. But it's a good reliable server. Haven't had any trouble ever since I received it. Well nothing last forever. Smile
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

Thanks for letting us know @JanuszC. Any chance of a replacement equivalent available? Or is that too much wishful thinking on my part? I LOVED my VPS 27 as you must have noted from my enthusiastic reviews. I got probably too attached to it, so it's a bit of a blow, but of course understandable. And we're more than appreciative of not only all of the VPSs you've contributed to the VPS pool, but your participation in the Forum and personal support of the VPSs in the pool.