Poll: Which one do you prefer? Like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Microsoft Azure
0%
0 0%
Amazon AWS
100.00%
8 100.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Microsoft Azure Vs. Amazon AWS
Thumbs Up 
Anyone prefers one over other? Why? I personally have experience with AWS but didn't like its strict firewall that i became confused at how to work with it. Except that everything else was a smooth sailing and its relatively easy to work with. Someone can shed some light on Azure? Opinions?
I like AWS. You get 12 months free. Plus, you can get more free stuff after your 12 months is up. But, beware of surcharges.
Thanks For the VPS 18 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.

Using AWS for last two year. So my vote for AWS.
But recently i'm seeing many article stating that Azure is better than AWS in terms of price and some other features.
Android Fan,Developer and Supporter.
My Websites
http://www.cybapps.com

Thanks to HostDare for VPS
I prefer AWS over Azure. My AWS server has been running well for over 20 months and has no downtime.

And I don't feel that AWS has strict firewall because users can easily add network rules on AWS panel.
Well I haven't used both before, but if I would sign up for one of them, AWS, because the first year is free and it's a bit cheaper than Azure. Heck, both of them are expensive, I rather just get a normal VPS and be done with..
Thank you HostUS for VPS 16!

Check out @coreyman's Free VPS Club for a free VPS with only 15 posts/month!
No waiting required to get a free VPS, just make posts and apply!
I have used AWS and Bluemix for deployment purpose.
Earlier I stayed clear of Azure because of its steep pricing for small projects. But later when my project colleagues who are experts in cloud management and servers complained they get high latency as the database is not in the same datacenter and other such performance issues like load balancing in case of high traffic. So AWS works best for me.
I would like to thank freevps.us for the knowldge i gained through your forum.
Honestly, I'd say Amazon AWS. They do have the 12-month free trial, after all.
Though, if you're a student, I'd say Microsoft Azure because of the benefits (e.g free application instances, etc).
"That but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'ld jump the life to come."

-- William Shakespeare

Rest in peace, FreeVPS. The forum will be sorely missed.

My website } { GitHub } { Contact me: andrew@andrew-hong.me }

The problem with Azure is that it has Microsoft's name on it. And what does your gut say the moment you hear Microsoft? What words come in your mind first? Well, here's what comes to my mind: slimy, windows, sh!tty, windows, spineless, windows, untrustworthy, windows. Did I say windows? I think I did. Because that's the impression that every developer has about Microsoft. The fact that they'll do everything to keep you on windows.

And like I said. It has Microsoft's name on it. Put every other brand and you're likely to see/hear a different perspective from people.
AWS anyday, its cheaper also I got like 3 years with my prime subscription for 12 months using some promo offer that was going on. Really fast stable and most of all very scalable. My college fest website is hosted on that server and it handles 1000 visitors/hr like a champ without any slowdowns. Azure on the other hand has... WINDOWS.
Nuff said.
[Image: img.php?userid=15852]
Microsoft Azure is better than Amazon AWS. Also onApp cloud is also most used and preferred cloud management tool.