Thread Closed 
Free VS Paid web hosting - your views
10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Free VS Paid web hosting - your views
Well, I was googling this subject, but none of the sites says anything good about free hosting. They are happy to link you to paid webhosts, and most of the time with aff. links.

Free webhosting:

Quote:Free hosting isn't good because it has ads, it doesn't havbe good features, your site may go down at anytime, et al....

Although it is true, most say that because they like to say that, and to get more aff signs up.
But we can draw a line before pasing to the next step, paid hosting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored web hosting: They are paid quality account given to you for free, with the requirements of ads, and publicity. Basically is an exchange of favors.
To apply isn't like any free hosting: you need to state the purpose of your requested service, like for example a VPS, what you can do for it, and make it convincing enough for the sponsor to take you.
With the addendum that you basically depend of the sponsor, although there are some good ones that are good to you, you should pay them back aswell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid hosting:
Quote:it has all of the features web hosting can have, it is feature packed, it all. With good support, high uptime and all of the bells and whistles....

Although true again, most problems are not mentioned, and those are:
  1. You must have a Credit Card. If you don't have access to one you can't get it, period.
  2. Most use PayPal, well there has been a lot of discussions done about this subject, it creates more problems than it solves.
  3. Most people interested in a website are underage. Are they outright denied from having a website at all?
  4. Most countries are not supported,and some are classified as abusers. Well, that gives you an idea. With the addendum that some have very harsh laws regarding credit cards, it can be a true problem if not clarified.
  5. There are no respect for those guys. You said you don't have a credit card, your kicked, or ignored.
  6. There's also currency conversions. That may end up inflating the price and killing your budget, and maybe make you lose your money.
  7. Isn't suitable for testing.
  8. Many many more reasons....

Well that's my view, let's see yours....

Spam? What do you mean by spam? I need free host!
My personal Phrase

Can you sponsor me a Xen/KVM VPS?

Moderator Signature Edit:

Rules #14: Adfly links (or similar services) and referral links are not allowed in posts, signatures and on the profile page.
User Tools

10-11-2011, 04:09 PM
RE: Free VS Paid web hosting - your views
I have too seen in several forums people call free hosts are no useful at all. I have used most time free hosting and they did work better. Some of them who has servers they offered some space and it was perfect to me. I also used paid host but did not satisfied with their limitations.
Its to hard to believe with any hosting since hostgator too had some bad reviews with other peoples.

Surf Directory
User Tools
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
First time, i use hosting free, because i'm poor Smile , and then.. it's not ok, speed slow, time out, and down website everyday.. I must paid a plan hosting.. 1$/m, i feel it ok, but some blackhat hacker always hack my site by local.. i'm sad.. my website is a blog mini.. not famous.. so.. i must use VPS to study IT, and test programs..
User Tools
10-12-2011, 04:33 AM
(10-11-2011 01:00 PM)luis123456 Wrote:  Although true again, most problems are not mentioned, and those are:
  1. You must have a Credit Card. If you don't have access to one you can't get it, period.
  2. Most use PayPal, well there has been a lot of discussions done about this subject, it creates more problems than it solves.
  3. Most people interested in a website are underage. Are they outright denied from having a website at all?
  4. Most countries are not supported,and some are classified as abusers. Well, that gives you an idea. With the addendum that some have very harsh laws regarding credit cards, it can be a true problem if not clarified.
  5. There are no respect for those guys. You said you don't have a credit card, your kicked, or ignored.
  6. There's also currency conversions. That may end up inflating the price and killing your budget, and maybe make you lose your money.

I disagree with you about paypal. They are a safe, easy payment system that you can link to your bank account. So you don't need a CC. It also allows you to dispute payments should an issue arise.

How isn't it suitable for testing? Because it costs money? Rolleyes

Also they are running a business, they don't have time to deal with someone who isn't interested or cannot buy their product/service.
User Tools
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
PayPal has basically set a standard for online payments. Nearly everyone with a computer knows about it.

"I like to put random quotes, to make myself look clever."
- WiseMannnn
User Tools
10-12-2011, 09:22 AM
(10-12-2011 04:33 AM)f8ll Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 01:00 PM)luis123456 Wrote:  Although true again, most problems are not mentioned, and those are:

I disagree with you about paypal. They are a safe, easy payment system that you can link to your bank account. So you don't need a CC. It also allows you to dispute payments should an issue arise.

How isn't it suitable for testing? Because it costs money? Rolleyes

Also they are running a business, they don't have time to deal with someone who isn't interested or cannot buy their product/service.

Agreed with that, but I don't hve one nor a credit card. Sorry but the host must adjust to my requirements.

Spam? What do you mean by spam? I need free host!
My personal Phrase

Can you sponsor me a Xen/KVM VPS?

Moderator Signature Edit:

Rules #14: Adfly links (or similar services) and referral links are not allowed in posts, signatures and on the profile page.
User Tools
10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
He you don't have a bank account then how do you buy food and all?

"I like to put random quotes, to make myself look clever."
- WiseMannnn
User Tools
10-13-2011, 12:58 AM
(10-12-2011 10:25 PM)Infinity Wrote:  He you don't have a bank account then how do you buy food and all?

As far as I know, you can get money as cash (e.g. by providing services to people) and pay (the food or whatever) with cash - where is the bank account involved?

My blog
[Image: fs.php]
User Tools
10-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:Sorry but the host must adjust to my requirements.

Yes, most company believe that "the customer is always right", but If you want a tailor made product/service base on your requirements, I think you have to deal with the service provider/manufacturer directly.

Like on the restaurant if what you want isn't on the menu, all you can do is ask the waiter/cook if they can make what you want.

Thanks FreeVPS.us! for the free VPS and for all the knowledge that I've learned here at the forum.
User Tools
10-13-2011, 02:28 AM
(10-11-2011 01:00 PM)luis123456 Wrote:  Well, I was googling this subject, but none of the sites says anything good about free hosting. They are happy to link you to paid webhosts, and most of the time with aff. links.

Free webhosting:

Quote:Free hosting isn't good because it has ads, it doesn't havbe good features, your site may go down at anytime, et al....

Although it is true, most say that because they like to say that, and to get more aff signs up.
But we can draw a line before pasing to the next step, paid hosting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored web hosting: They are paid quality account given to you for free, with the requirements of ads, and publicity. Basically is an exchange of favors.
To apply isn't like any free hosting: you need to state the purpose of your requested service, like for example a VPS, what you can do for it, and make it convincing enough for the sponsor to take you.
With the addendum that you basically depend of the sponsor, although there are some good ones that are good to you, you should pay them back aswell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Paid hosting:
Quote:it has all of the features web hosting can have, it is feature packed, it all. With good support, high uptime and all of the bells and whistles....

Although true again, most problems are not mentioned, and those are:

Well . The most appropriate qoute is " you pay for what you get " and " there's no free lunch " probably , most "FreeHosting" has some strings attached and the majority of them ask for advanced or credit card information . I can understand you are trying to imply , the underaged aren't able to have paid hosting as most of
The paid host's requires a credit card and even if they are over the age limit they have to be earning a certain amount of money consistently or they would be considered " bad credit " and most banks wouldn't approve of their credit card , the best way is " prepaid credit card/debit card " as there is no age limit , you are supposed to only pay a fee for the card and it's activation , after that you could just load up the card with as much money as you desire over the counter , in Singapore it's also possible to top up from 7elevens ( which sells prepaid credit cards too Big Grin ) and WALMART ( sells the most reliable "MoneyCard" ) sp
My advice to the underage ( I'm 15 :0 ... So I'm underaged too ) either , take part
Time jobs over your holidays and earn enough money for a computer ( I already own 1 desktop 5 laptops ) and host your server from home or , goto walmart,seven-eleven or a bank near you .
User Tools
Thread Closed