Bug on code in forum
Hello i found bug in forum. CAn admin fix this error please?

[Image: H6opkse.png]
[Image: generate.php?top1=RIP+VPS+7&top2=ZxPlay+...ZxHost&sp=]
[Image: img.php?userid=13419]
@g4me0ver

That's not necessarily a bug or an issue. This can happen if the user posts twice before someone else does.

If they only did post once, there isn't much the administrators can do without modifying the code, and I doubt maintaining a custom version of a plugin will make managing the forum any easier.
"That but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'ld jump the life to come."

-- William Shakespeare

Rest in peace, FreeVPS. The forum will be sorely missed.

My website } { GitHub } { Contact me: andrew@andrew-hong.me }

@FlamesRunner

He's probably speaking about the span tags that aren't working because they've no ID assigned.

This happened thanks to an MyBB update where some templates were updated. Isn't it totally great how every MyBB update seems to screw up more and more instead of fixing things? (totally not)
@Hidden Refuge

Ah. Well, apart from MyBB, the other available forum software just doesn't fit FreeVPS; so not much use in changint software (pain to migrate as well.)

I did notice them at one point, but I never did bat an eye at it. So to fix it, you'd need to update the template...?
"That but this blow

-- William Shakespeare

It seems you simply need to replace the escaped characters with their literal form in order for the browser to actually interpret them as HTML. Otherwise the browser sees them as simple text.

[Image: Untitled.png]

I'm not familiar with this plugin and seems to have some dependencies that would take me some time to setup the whole thing and test what causes the issue.
@Hidden Refuge @SLC @FlamesRunner

Thanks for your post. Is possible to update the span in MyBB? or Not?
[Image: generate.php?top1=RIP+VPS+7&top2=ZxPlay+...ZxHost&sp=]
[Image: img.php?userid=13419]
I've also noticed when someone deletes a post he has written, and I've been quoted in the deleted post, that I still get the Alert. Like it looks as though the Alerts don't get updated when the posts get deleted or modified. Not a biggie though. Nice to have the alert system as I work with it all of the time.
Actually i have been facing this issue since a lot of time before but never got a time to report this issue. However the post that shows this error isn't deleted. It also happens with PM: https://i.imgur.com/1IvI6e9.png

@deanhills

That's how MyBB is written -- when a user deletes a post, it is only soft deleted. It's still visible by administrators and moderators (correct me if I'm wrong).

As a result, because the soft deleted post still exists in the database with just a different status then an active post, your alert still shows.
"That but this blow

-- William Shakespeare

@deanhills and @FlamesRunner

It is actually even worse. Atleast with the plugin. It will send an alert once the certain event has happened such as mentioning someone or replying to their post and that's all there is. No matter whether the post is later deleted (soft/permanent) the alert will still show until you read and delete it.

Now I think it might be actually wrong to say it is bad. It is an alert system and alerts are sent when something has happened even if it is reset/fixed later. This is pretty much how real alert system works. I.e: a switch went down due to someone tripping over a cable, the monitoring system sends an alert and 5 minutes later the switch works again as the person who tripped over the cable plugged it in again. Same applies here. Of course it is a bit weird though to receive alerts about later deleted messages.

@FlamesRunner

An update of the template is not necessary. The problem is that an MyBB update has actually caused this issue when it updated templates. So as @SLC said a simple edit of the alert plugin templates is necessary to fix it.

It is a thing of maybe 5 minutes or so.