Everything is about free vps! what is the goal?
I was referred to this forum by google search engine, I was looking for an answer about downloading a file from a vps by just clicking on a link on another computer, all I see is about free vps here, what is there for people to post for in order to get a free vps? lol I didn't find my answer, appears people here just do the posting to get free stuff, I don't know if I like it here.
My Brief Explanation:
1- FreeVPS is a forum to get free Virtual Private Servers for projects or for learning Linux/Web Server stuff.
2- We have a monthly giveaway where one can participate to get a VPS (of their choosing), and if 2 or more guys apply for a particular VPS (and there is only 1 VPS available) the guy with the higher score wins.
3- We have to make a specified number of posts every month to keep the VPS. Its 15 posts/month for one VPS and 30 posts/month if you have two VPSs
4- I am sure you will like it here, because this is not just a forum for free VPS. But also from problems and questions about tech and webdev/programming stuff.
5- The Staff and Members here are very helpful.

I am sure if you look around you will find something you are interested in Smile
Thank you Hostigation and FreeVPS for VPS 18.
Check out Hostigation's awesome KVM VPS Plans.
My Post Count:
[Image: img.php?userid=20886]
The goal is to make posts, participate and talk with other people, and get a free vps for you, to keep your free vps you have to make atleast 15 posts/month.
VPS 16 by HostUS.
Thanks FreeVPS Smile
(2017-10-29, 1:44:06 am)questioning Wrote:  I was referred to this forum by google search engine, I was looking for an answer about downloading a file from a vps by just clicking on a link on another computer...

Just install a web-server and enable auto-indexing. That should enable you to see and download the files in the folder where the web-server is configured to work. And if you're smart enough to be able to setup a PHP environment. You can even install/setup a web-app to make it look more formal.

Whether you have a VPS or not, is none of my business. I assume you have since you asked for that. And to be honest, you don't really need a VPS to achieve that. You might as well just use a shared web-host and install that web-app I just mentioned above.

Plenty of ways to achieve this. You just weren't specific enough with your situation for anyone to include more.

(2017-10-29, 1:44:06 am)questioning Wrote:  ... all I see is about free vps here, what is there for people to post for in order to get a free vps?...

Yes, people on this forum (at least a small portion of them), discuss various topics and overall struggle to maintain the appearance of an active community. And in turn, they get awarded with VPSs sponsored by awesome hosting service that were nice enough to sponsor this forum with some of their servers. They use them for various purposes ranging from hosting game-servers to web-servers for blogs and even as development environments to test their web-apps or simply do work that requires a machine to be powered on 24/7. Some of them are students while some of them are just teens that don't want or feel the need to pay for something that they could get for free as they're already giving something back. While some, simply can't afford a subscription to one or more.

(2017-10-29, 1:44:06 am)questioning Wrote:  ... lol I didn't find my answer...

You simply don't know what you're looking for. You could be looking right at it and still not know whether it's what you're looking for or not. You're new to this and probably have no idea. Like most people in here and/or anywhere else.

(2017-10-29, 1:44:06 am)questioning Wrote:  ...appears people here just do the posting to get free stuff...

You know that other portion of people that I didn't get into above. Well, they're the people you're describing and similar to how the real world works, they're a larger group than the one you'd normally prefer. They just BS their way from one month to another just to get by. You'll know one when you'll see one. Right now, you're looking like one of them too.

(2017-10-29, 1:44:06 am)questioning Wrote:  ...I don't know if I like it here.

You know what I love about this world? Choice. Yep, the right (yeah, sometimes privilege but let's ignore that for now) to choose what you want. There might not be a good option among the choices you can make (a great example would be the last crop of US presidents). But you can still make one. So please, chose what you want.

We've been doing just fine and I predict we'll continue to do so with or without you. That being said. Have an amazing day and we wish you all the best. From your's truly, the random guy on the internet Smile

Now I'll be locking this topic because that portion of people we've been talking about will have a blast on effortless topics like these. Anyone is free to poke me for a reopen IF necessary.
Marvelous really, here when they don't have your answer they just lock the entire thread, didn't I mention that I was referred here by searching in google? I didn't search for free VPS, what is wrong with you all? my last post was unanswered and a mod locked it to avoid spam? so me having a noob question and asking it on a related forum is spam? I think I'm better be Mr, green here post nice things and state the obvious like: this forum is to help people, they will post and will get free VPS. OH OK if the ones interacted with me, 2 of them didn't provide the guide that I needed and the other 2 were mods and posted to let me know "it is what it is, take it or leave".
Well just lock this again, I'm just a spammer.
(2017-10-31, 10:53:09 pm)questioning Wrote:  my last post was unanswered and a mod locked it to avoid spam? so me having a noob question and asking it on a related forum is spam? I think I'm better be Mr, green here post nice things and state the obvious like: this forum is to help people, they will post and will get free VPS. OH OK if the ones interacted with me, 2 of them didn't provide the guide that I needed and the other 2 were mods and posted to let me know "it is what it is, take it or leave".

You are speaking about: https://freevps.us/thread-17404.html

A topic from 2015 that has been inactive for long and was bumped by someone. That isn't even the issue though because this forum allows bumping as long as the post is on topic.

Now to your post:
(2017-10-29, 4:15:41 pm)questioning Wrote:  I'm a newbie to all these VPS stuff, I'm using Windows on both sides of the connection, the question about how to transfer files from VPS and PC could be asked differently, I want to become a host, so anyone on the internet could just click on a link and starts downloading from my VPS.
I want it to be free, with no credentials needed from people. my VPS provider has instructions telling me to install the web server, I did that, and then telling me to put files in : inetpub>wwwwroot I did that as well. telling me that the address to the files are like this: http://www.MY_IP_ADDRESS/FILE_NAME(dot)?
I don't have a domain, so how could I access the file without a domain?

I once saw a file starting with : ftp://IP_ADDRESS/XXX.XX
Again I'm a newbie, I thought forums are the place where people do things step by step, like I explained what I exactly want.
I'd appreciate any help, btw googled it already that's why I'm here.

This post has no relation to the topic you posted in. Simply said you hijacked a topic to get attention and help for your subject which is absolutely different than the subject of the topic.

A moderator has seen this and closed the thread to prevent further hijacking by replies towards yours.

You have one simple option: simply open a new topic with the subject/problem you have. That's quite easy and doesn't violate rules by hijacking someones thread for another thing.
Well since everything's about free VPS, our goal is to get more of that free right? We need to fill that "Other free vps providers" forum more up and grab anything else that's free right?

Well while this is a forums for receiving free VPS, it's also a place for discussion for IT based stuff, it's not completely about free VPS, otherwise this place would be quite boring...
Thank you HostUS for VPS 16!

Check out @coreyman's Free VPS Club for a free VPS with only 15 posts/month!
No waiting required to get a free VPS, just make posts and apply!
(2017-10-31, 10:53:09 pm)questioning Wrote:  didn't I mention that I was referred here by searching in google? I didn't search for free VPS, what is wrong with you all? 

This forum contains lots of helpful threads that's indexed by Google, you searched for something that's in this forum and it was in your Google search result, it isn't a big deal IMO. Maybe they misunderstood your question that's why the replies was about the posting stuff and whatnot, but either way I don't see any reason to keep this thread open anymore.
OP broke the basic rule of all forums. Read forum rules before start posting. Should have post a new topic than digging old dead topics. No forum like that. Anyway I don't think he needs to be around or will be around after all OP came here for wrong reasons. Pity about loosing the chance to learn something new.
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

No real point in this thread, so I'm closing it.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.