Preferred Virtualization For Newbie
Really, I don't know where to ask. But I guess here, because the main topic is "Advertising / Sharing."
So, I want to ask? What is the preferred virtualization for me (a newbie)? I found this topic when I edit my profile and it's asking me "Preferred Virtualization?"

How do you think? What is your first virtualization? How great is that? Really, I need your advice for this.

Thank you.
[Image: img.php?userid=21904]
It really depends on you !

from an user perspective,

OpenVZ is faster and leaves more resources for you to use. Less overhead. Can run only Linux.

KVM can run almost any OS you want and it is the next best thing to having a dedicated server for yourself.

Please use google for further info.

here is a link..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1603...for-my-vps

have fun.
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), optimus, GHP and the other  staff members.
Yea, it depends on me, but, why I opened up this thread is to ask you what's your choice and why? I don't really know about this. I still don't have a VPS, I never know the 'sensation' of the virtualization.

And about OS, I don't really mind about this, because I don't even have Windows Server License. So, I need to go for Linux.

Is anyone here just use OpenVZ or KVM?
it has already been discussed thousands of times ! here and elsewhere !

Thats why i asked you to google the pros and cons of kvm and openvz which are available here. Other reknowned virtualisation / isolation technologies include LXC, Xen, Virtualbox, Docker, VMWare etc.

Please follow the link and do your own research. The if you have any more specific question, you can come back and ask here...

Giving you a broad in depth idea on things may not be very productive and worth people`s while.

Google is your friend
Many thanks to Freevps, Chris (cw1998), The Guy( ID 4810), optimus, GHP and the other  staff members.
Honestly, I don't think there is a preferred virtualization type for newbies.

But I'd recommend something like KVM since it's the closer to an actual computer than OpenVZ containers. (You can do everything like FUSE, Encryption, LVM, etc on a KVM vps)
I see there some article over Google, it said KVM is more harder to control because we need Networking Knowledge, is that true?

I see here, there is 11 KVM available and 17 OpenVZ available, but seems like KVM doesn't come much om the giveaways, I guess I'm going to take OpenVZ.
I interested with VNC viewer, and it worked both virtualization.

Edit: There is only 7 KVM here, if I deleted ZXPlay/Host because they're not our sponsor again. Maybe admin should remove it from https://freevps.us/compare/ ?
i think one of the best thing you could do right now is to install virtualbox on your computer and understand its network modes. setup ssh and vnc etc to access it from your host OS and also the other way. Do all sorts of fun setups that you can think of and find funny. Then you wont have trouble understanding about virtualization and what it can do.

You will also get some idea about what you like and what you dont.

This knowledge together with what you need to accomplish on a VPS will tell you what you need to get. [post count is a factor when you are starting. It may seem insurmountable. but no worries. you will get there. hang tight !!]
(2018-01-06, 1:44:23 am)rudra Wrote:  i think one of the best thing you could do right now is to install virtualbox on your computer and understand its network modes. setup ssh and vnc etc to access it from your host OS and also the other way. Do all sorts of fun setups that you can think of and find funny. Then you wont have trouble understanding about virtualization and what it can do.

You will also get some idea about what you like and what you dont.

This knowledge together with what you need to accomplish on a VPS will tell you what you need to get. [post count is a factor when you are starting. It may seem insurmountable. but no worries. you will get there. hang tight !!]

I don't really understand about networking maybe I should contact my IT teacher because he know about networking, but thanks. I will get into it, because Google is my friend.
Well. If you really want to learn virtualization, You could use Virtualbox like the others have stated, You can also use something like Yellow Circle or TryStack if you really want to get into it.
Thanks For the VPS 18 FreeVPS.

My Post Count:

[Image: img.php?1&userid=13454]

FreeVPS Moderation Team - Make a thread in "VPS Help & Support" for any VPS related issues.

(2018-01-04, 6:34:33 pm)tiwil Wrote:  Yea, it depends on me, but, why I opened up this thread is to ask you what's your choice and why? I don't really know about this. I still don't have a VPS, I never know the 'sensation' of the virtualization.

@tiwil  This is something one only starts to think about once one has mastered the first learning curves of having a VPS.  For me personally I'm more worried about the speed with which my ISP can communicate with a VPS by checking the ping rate of the IP of a VPS than the virtualization - i.e. the location of the VPS relative to my ISP will determine how fast it will be - the lower the ping rate the better.  Once I'm past that my next focus is on the RAM of the VPS.  Last year I was very lucky to have a VPS with KVM Virtualization that was probably completely wasted on me as I was using it mostly for a few of my WordPress sites.  This year I have a VPS that feels equally fast but it is OpenVZ Virtualization.  I think the KVM Virtualization probably only makes a real difference for those who are using VPSs to their limits for projects that demand a lot of resources.  When you're learning for the first time and even for advanced users depending on what they're using it for OpenVZ is perfect and can be very fast.