Can I use Zpanel on freevps?
If I get vps from freevps.us then I wanted to install some panel software like zpanel, vesta, cent os web panel and also wanted to give some space to other user free.
Can I do that? or Is it possible to install panel softwar ?
[Image: img.php?userid=22173&vps2]
Of course it is. You're getting a virtual server with full access to everything inside the VPS and this also means software installations and etc.
If I give some space,will my server face any problem? or if they host any spam site,can I delete theme? Mainly I wanted to know can I fully control theme?
What? I wouldn't recommend trying to run a host on your VPS, they're simply not meant for that. Hosting a panel for personal use is fine, but if you're trying to resell the resources I think you'll find there aren't enough to resell. Try buying a dedi somewhere.
Giveaway Manager, FreeVPS Directory and Discussion

Also a big fan of Anime, see my poor taste here.
@bd2day

By installing zPanel, you're knowingly installing software that contains critical vulnerabilities that will pretty much guarantee a bot will whoop your server and take control.
zPanel hasn't been updated in four years now, so I suggest you pick another panel or learn to manage your websites via the command line.
"That but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'ld jump the life to come."

-- William Shakespeare

Rest in peace, FreeVPS. The forum will be sorely missed.

My website } { GitHub } { Contact me: andrew@andrew-hong.me }

(2018-01-20, 8:12:31 am)FlamesRunner Wrote:  @bd2day

By installing zPanel, you're knowingly installing software that contains critical vulnerabilities that will pretty much guarantee a bot will whoop your server and take control.
zPanel hasn't been updated in four years now, so I suggest you pick another panel or learn to manage your websites via the command line.

Great point @FlamesRunner. Isn't there a copyright issue involved as well as Hostwinds owns the Zpanel script that is for use by its customers only.
(2018-01-20, 12:44:26 am)Ignis Wrote:  What? I wouldn't recommend trying to run a host on your VPS, they're simply not meant for that. Hosting a panel for personal use is fine, but if you're trying to resell the resources I think you'll find there aren't enough to resell. Try buying a dedi somewhere.

No I won't resell my space.It will use only for my work but I wanted to distribute my work to some others.

(2018-01-20, 8:12:31 am)FlamesRunner Wrote:  @bd2day

Yes you are right, zpanel and sentora is too old,I'm already install zpanel on my pc but can't get enough service form their doc.That's why now I'm searching for a new open source panel script but can't get enough good one look like cPanel or I can make like cPanel.
There are several few pretty good free control panels. Virtual Min and VestaCP both pretty good and have soild developer team behind these 2 panels.
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

(2018-01-20, 4:20:43 pm)bd2day Wrote:  No I won't resell my space.It will use only for my work but I wanted to distribute my work to some others.

Yes you are right, zpanel and sentora is too old,I'm already install zpanel on my pc but can't get enough service form their doc.That's why now I'm searching for a new open source panel script but can't get enough good one look like cPanel or I can make like cPanel.

I can definitely recommend VestaCP.  Most of all because it is being actively supported by a few Admin.  It has loads of documentation and a discussion Forum where there is a fairly quick turn around by Admin (for the questions that haven't been asked before).  Here are some quick steps:

Spoiler: show
1. Once you have received your VPS IP you need to get a domain.  One reason I like Namecheap is that one can create your own name servers.  You can create ns1 and ns2 of your domain with one IP.  I've been able to do that at namesilo.com too, so there must be other domain registrars who offer this.  You can then use those name servers for your panel.  Make sure you add those newly created name servers to your domain as well - in other words you need to add those name servers to the domain in addition to creating them at the registrar.  Then give it a while to propagate.

2. Navigate to the VestaCP installation page: https://vestacp.com/install/

I always opt for bare bones.  In other words I don't include the options like e-mail and ftp.  Instead I use an external e-mail host - Zoho - because that is much more simple and secure.  I think one should only work with the VestaCP e-mail if one knows Dovecot, Exim and Spamassassin very well from an Admin side.  Otherwise it can create big headaches for you unless this is something you desperately want to include.  Instead of FTP I use SFTP with FileZilla or any other similar ftp client. 

My options for the bash command are:  web --- nginx+apache;  ftp --- no;  mail --- no;  DNS --- named;  firewall --- iptables + fail2ban; softaculous --- no;  additional repository --- REMI;   file system quote --- no;  DB - tick mySQL;  hostname ----  domain.net;  e-mail --- name@gmail.com;  password --- password

Then just use the installation commands on top of the bash command that VestaCP generated for you and you will have it up and going in no time.  Once it has been installed VestaCP will provide you with a panel URL, user name and password.

3.  Then all that remains is to get familiar with the panel and to set everything up in it.  In the beginning the panel is a bit like hide and seek.  You need to learn to click the links at the top for the windows to open below.  To add domains or databases you have to click on a big green plus sign that is always on the left.  And to edit any of the options you have to hover your mouse near the top right of the window. Add on domains all get to be added under domains. Databases under databases.  Only when you've created a database a link opens for phpmyadmin but you don't really need to use it unless there is a good reason for it.
(2018-01-21, 12:17:03 am)deanhills Wrote:  I can definitely recommend VestaCP.  Most of all because it is being actively supported by a few Admin.  It has loads of documentation and a discussion Forum where there is a fairly quick turn around by Admin (for the questions that haven't been asked before).  Here are some quick steps:

Spoiler: show
1. Once you have received your VPS IP you need to get a domain.  One reason I like Namecheap is that one can create your own name servers.  You can create ns1 and ns2 of your domain with one IP.  I've been able to do that at namesilo.com too, so there must be other domain registrars who offer this.  You can then use those name servers for your panel.  Make sure you add those newly created name servers to your domain as well - in other words you need to add those name servers to the domain in addition to creating them at the registrar.  Then give it a while to propagate.

2. Navigate to the VestaCP installation page: https://vestacp.com/install/

I always opt for bare bones.  In other words I don't include the options like e-mail and ftp.  Instead I use an external e-mail host - Zoho - because that is much more simple and secure.  I think one should only work with the VestaCP e-mail if one knows Dovecot, Exim and Spamassassin very well from an Admin side.  Otherwise it can create big headaches for you unless this is something you desperately want to include.  Instead of FTP I use SFTP with FileZilla or any other similar ftp client. 

My options for the bash command are:  web --- nginx+apache;  ftp --- no;  mail --- no;  DNS --- named;  firewall --- iptables + fail2ban; softaculous --- no;  additional repository --- REMI;   file system quote --- no;  DB - tick mySQL;  hostname ----  domain.net;  e-mail --- name@gmail.com;  password --- password

Then just use the installation commands on top of the bash command that VestaCP generated for you and you will have it up and going in no time.  Once it has been installed VestaCP will provide you with a panel URL, user name and password.

3.  Then all that remains is to get familiar with the panel and to set everything up in it.  In the beginning the panel is a bit like hide and seek.  You need to learn to click the links at the top for the windows to open below.  To add domains or databases you have to click on a big green plus sign that is always on the left.  And to edit any of the options you have to hover your mouse near the top right of the window. Add on domains all get to be added under domains. Databases under databases.  Only when you've created a database a link opens for phpmyadmin but you don't really need to use it unless there is a good reason for it.
But vestacp panel theme is not look so good,is it possible make the panel theme look like cpanel ?