VestaCP feedback from VestaCP experienced users only
I'm a very enthusiastic VestaCP user.  I've seen it making great progress from 2014 when I first started using it, and I had to battle through plenty of hurdles.  One was forced to learn tips and tricks in 2014, not all of whom had worked the first time round and were frustrating to figure out, whereas today all one has to do is generate a Linux Command at the VestaCP Website, and one is good to go.  Most of everything is working seamless with no glitches today. Everything is also very easy to learn by just checking in with the VestaCP Forum that is attended by Admin who are actively involved in the development of the script.  The script is regularly updated and new features regularly added.  VestaCP has added some great tools over the last couple or more years.  Including fail2ban, which I consider one of its greatest tools.  VestaCP has fixed phpmyadmin bugs, it has a "paid for" add in for a file manager (which I don't think is necessary, but it is there for those who need a FileManager), and off late it has added a free version of Softaculous. 

I'd like to hear positive or negative feedback from users who have been using VestaCP for at least long enough to discuss its pros and cons with some authority.  If there are pros and cons can you please compare it with another control panel that you have used before so it will be a discussion of substance.  Would be nice if you could share your overall experience, what features you have been using and which ones you prefer not to use because of known deficiencies or security risks. I'm particularly curious to know whether anyone has used the following features of VestaCP and what your feedback is:

• Are there any other free Control Panels that are better than VestaCP - why do you think they are better and for what purpose are you using them?

• What features are the ones you use the most from VestaCP?  For example do you use mySQL and phpmyadmin or do you prefer to use the command line for some of the functions that VestaCP has on offer - and why?

• Do you use Softaculous (free version or paid version) and do you find it convenient/necessary tool to have?

• Have you ever tried the paid File Manager add on and what has your experience been?  If you don't use a File Manager, what is your preference for working with your VPS files? 
Its simple and you can do simple hosting with it. Its good enough for new user. But whenyou want something more from it it struggle to deliver. I prefer CWP over vesta cp if you are a pro user. But vesta has everything cover for you if you are a simple newbee and want to just host your site.
Yeah. Everything is right....Or wrong?
Right now I'm using Both VestaCP and Vertualmin. Even though my first choice is Virtualmin I have started using VestaCP on a server which has only 512MB RAM without any SWAP. Unfortunately Virtualmin need 750-1000MB RAM to install the panel even though you can run it with 256MB. After checking options I have I thought VestaCP is the best panel when I can't use Virtualmin.

In Any panel I use phpmyadmin for database management. Personally GUI is better for me than command line since I usually work with too many sites.

I rarely used those script installers. I like to do installations manually since it gives me a better understanding of the CMS.

Dont use file managers either. Always use FTP / SFTP
[Image: img.php?userid=8114&vps1]

I'm using VestaCP over a years. Best free Control Panel. It has all the necessary features to manage lot of Websites. Only thing i feel odd about VestaCP is old version of Roundcube client. I don't know why they still using old of version of mail client. Other than that It is best Control Panel for free.

Answers to your question:
Are there any other free Control Panels that are better than VestaCP?
No i didn't use any other CP other than VestaCP. I found good reviews on internet about VestaCP so i'm using from the beginning.

What features are the ones you use the most from VestaCP?
phpMyAdmin, Firewall and Webmail

Do you use Softaculous (free version or paid version) and do you find it convenient/necessary tool to have?
No. I didn't use Softaculous. Recently i installed Wordpress only by manual.

Have you ever tried the paid File Manager add on and what has your experience been? If you don't use a File Manager, what is your preference for working with your VPS files?
No. I use Filezilla to share files between my local and server.
Android Fan,Developer and Supporter.
My Websites
http://www.cybapps.com

Thanks to HostDare for VPS