Question about Play Station
Hello there, I've been searching this but still couldn't find the answer to this question.

I've got a question that what is the HDD required for in PS4? As far as I know, we can't install games in PS4, so what is the HDD for? What's the effect of the one with more or less HDD?
The statement that one cannot install games on the hard drive of a PlayStation is false! Games that are bought in the PlayStation store without any installation medium are stored on the hard drive. And updates that you get for games that you have discs for are also stored on the hard drive. New PlayStation apps and so on are also stored there. Last but not least the hard drive contains your save game data and the OS.
(2018-04-01, 4:18:08 am)Monad Wrote:  The statement that one cannot install games on the hard drive of a PlayStation is false! Games that are bought in the PlayStation store without any installation medium are stored on the hard drive. And updates that you get for games that you have discs for are also stored on the hard drive. New PlayStation apps and so on are also stored there. Last but not least the hard drive contains your save game data and the OS.
Thank you for the answer, I had this question for a long time.