80.80.80.80 - Public DNS Resolver
It's been almost a year since Freenom launched a new project, Freenom World. 

Freenom World is a public DNS resolving service made by Freenom. Many of you guys must be knowing about freenom's service of providing free domain names. However, after providing free domain names, they too provide DNS resolvers. 

My personal opinion is, Freenom World is much more better then Cloudflare's recently launched new DNS service of 1.1.1.1. I have been using 80.80.80.80 since a year and I am very much satisfied with the speed I get from Freenom World DNS resolver. 

You can use the following IP's for setting up Freenom World's service. You can give it a try and it's awesome!

Primary IP :- 80.80.80.80
Secondary IP :- 80.80.81.81

Thank you.
Shadow Hosting Networks
SA:MP Servers starting from 0.50$ upto 1000 slots.
MTA Server stating from 2.5$ upto 1024 slots
CS Strike server starting from 0.5$ upto 32 slots
Order now!
https://shadownethost.com/billing
Not trying to destroy the way you advertise this service as "awesome" but it's not really so.

What we have here are just two DNS servers in the NL. Not even Anycast. Both with higher latency than Google or CloudFlare DNS by default (exception: you are a citizen of the NL with a NL ISP Internet connection - this might yield low latency results but I cannot confirm as I'm not from the NL).

I get pretty much stable 16ms from CloudFlare DNS, 16 - 21ms from Google Public DNS and constant 29- 30ms from Freenom Wold. That makes it the slowest for me and many others around the world due to lack of anycast addresses with many servers around the world to serve from the nearest possible POP.

Freenom is also just a no go for me. After what they pulled on their free domains and what they did to many people... No, just stop using it. Surprising how they could get this even working when their parent DNS servers for the domains are barely working with their internal DNS manager (been waiting for a week for the records to update and it actually never happened until I switched to a different DNS provider and there it was instant).

So my two cents about this. Freenom is no touch for me and many others who have experienced their ways of dealing.
I would not use a DNS without anycast or a PoP nearby me, the latency would be too high for me. I get 8ms to Google and Cloudflare's DNS while I get 138ms to Freenom's DNS. I find that way too high, so I wouldn't touch it at all.
Thank you HostUS for VPS 16!

Check out @coreyman's Free VPS Club for a free VPS with only 15 posts/month!
No waiting required to get a free VPS, just make posts and apply!
I've been a consistent user of Freenom for many years, and am aware of the problems at one stage, but to be honest, haven't seen any of that in a very long time - maybe years.  I have a few domains from dot.tk days and have been renewing them every year.  I also add and remove domains infrequently.  I.e. when I experiment with a project I use a temporary domain from Freenom and once I am secure with it I get a dot.net from Namecheap.  I only use the free domains for Websites that don't attract much traffic, and I make sure there is an active Website on it.  But even with that, I don't think Freenom is circulating those old aggressive robots of them to check for activity.  Maybe they realized their mistake.  Compared with Namecheap - my main Registrar - speed and management of my free domains at Freenom is only a pleasure.  The Freenom Website is super fast and well set up.  I can get a free domain up and running including name servers propagated within a few minutes, sometimes under 5 minutes.  

Regarding the DNS, I've always had an issue with Cloudflare as somehow my ISP has always been situated at a distance of its hubs, so I'm not at all a supporter of Cloudflare.  Cloudflare works for a large number of people, but it doesn't work for me.  I haven't tried Google, and to be honest I don't like to work with anything Google - it's a blind spot of mine that I don't trust Google. I would be interested to try out Freenom, however suspect it may be worse than Cloudflare as South Africa may be well out of the range of Freenom DNS hubs.  I am curious however, have noticed the DNS being advertised in my Registrar Account, so may try it out one of these days.
I don't know why you guys are getting high ping or whatsoever with this DNS. Being an Indian citizen, I get 30 ms.
Shadow Hosting Networks
SA:MP Servers starting from 0.50$ upto 1000 slots.
MTA Server stating from 2.5$ upto 1024 slots
CS Strike server starting from 0.5$ upto 32 slots
Order now!
https://shadownethost.com/billing
I am a constant user of 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and 4.4.4.4. Can anyone tell me this DNS is better than the one I use? or it's somewhat similar.

So basically my question is Freenom Word DNS is better or Google DNS ?
[Image: img.php?userid=5534]
I use googe for my dns and this freenome is spammy with free domain so I dont know what are they doing with my dns data. Well I dont want to give away my data fo some shady company.
(2018-04-12, 5:33:55 pm)ShadowHosting Wrote:  I don't know why you guys are getting high ping or whatsoever with this DNS. Being an Indian citizen, I get 30 ms.

Well there probably is lower latency DNS servers to choose from, like say 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from Google, 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 from Cloudflare, and other providers with anycast.

(2018-04-23, 7:16:38 pm)d3v1ls33k3r Wrote:  I am a constant user of 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and 4.4.4.4. Can anyone tell me this DNS is better than the one I use? or it's somewhat similar.

So basically my question is Freenom Word DNS is better or Google DNS ?

I personally would go with Google DNS since it would typically have better latency to users around the world, but it depends on your location.

I hate freenom for their domain services, their support management etc, I am using cloudflare, and very well happy with their services.
Show support by wearing an Avatar or Signature or Custom Rank if you think freevps.us should not be closed.
Code:
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15z1afs.jpg[/IMG]
#SaveFreeVPS for the future
(2018-04-24, 5:05:16 pm)LittleMaster Wrote:  I hate freenom for their domain services, their support management etc, I am using cloudflare, and very well happy with their services.

I use Cloudflare as well and I got no issues with it unlike Freenom's service.  Their DNS servers for your domains and for resolving other domains for home use is terrible compared to anything else you can choose from..