[Ques] Hosting Panel on VPS
what will be the best web hosting panel on a VPS ? for preferable blog hosting (WordPress) with PHP7 and Apache.. 

Please, help.. and yes need FREE Web Hosting panel, not paid ones like Cpanel.
[Image: img.php?userid=5534]
Hey there,
Remember, There are only some good HOSTS which are providing Free cPanel Hosting. If you want to host a BLOG with PHP7. I prefer you go for a cheap package. Because you can easily get a 5GB disk in 0.50$. Because on Free Hosting, The servers are Over-Loaded(Some), Causing your site to function slow. And probably, It won't have any guarantee of your data.

Best Web Hosting Panel i would prefer is Vesta and CentOs Web Panel. I prefer CWP because, It's really easy to use. But it eats so resources remember this as well.

If you are hosting a single site(WordPress) on a VPS. You should just install these : PHP , APACHE , MYSQL SERVER.
My opinion for a single site would be this by installing these three for a single OR if you want to give it to others or have any others site. So install CWP or Vesta.

Regards,
Sami.
       My Post Count:
[Image: img.php?userid=20087&vps2]

(2018-04-17, 8:36:18 am)d3v1ls33k3r Wrote:  what will be the best web hosting panel on a VPS ? for preferable blog hosting (WordPress) with PHP7 and Apache.. 

Please, help.. and yes need FREE Web Hosting panel, not paid ones like Cpanel.

For me personally for light type of hosting VestaCP works the best.  It's just been through a security scare, but I think it's the best way to go.  I'm almost certain that security holes in most hosting control panels including cpanel come from e-mail accounts.  Suggest that you don't use the e-mail and FTP features - go for SFTP and if you do need an e-mail system go for a mail host like Zoho instead that allows you to have an e-mail address with your domain name and up to 25 free e-mail accounts.

Here is where you can download the installation command for VestaCP - you can generate your own and choose exactly what you want on it - this is where I exclude e-mail and FTP (when VestaCP asks for host name - put in your domain name as VestaCP configures the panel with the domain that is provided - everything including DNS will be set up for you):
https://vestacp.com/install/

Not sure whether this is helpful, but this is my to do list for when I start a new VPS:

1. Change Password:
Code:
passwd

2. Domain Registrar: Create two domain name servers from IP provided and add them to the VPS domain (Namecheap allows one to add two name servers - but one will probably do as well)

3. Generate VestaCP installation command - install VestaCP,  very little configuration needed as everything including fail2ban is already set up for you.  All that is needed is to add name servers in the package, domain and DNS, and create a Database for the WordPress site.  Write down database name, user and password.

https://vestacp.com/install/

4.  Create WordPress site at command line (this is for CentoS but can be improvised for most of the OS)

Code:
cd /home/admin/web/domain.net/public_html (replace domain.net with own domain)
wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
tar --strip-components=1 -xvf latest.tar.gz
rm latest.tar.gz
chown admin -R *
Thanks a lot to both.. just a quick ques, how much resource does CWP takes than VistaCP in approx on fresh install.

And Apache will be better or nginx ? and mysql or mariadb ? in terms of performance less load and faster WordPress blog.

also anyone used ISPManager ?
(2018-04-17, 6:36:34 pm)d3v1ls33k3r Wrote:  Thanks a lot to both.. just a quick ques, how much resource does CWP takes than VistaCP in approx on fresh install.

And Apache will be better or nginx ? and mysql or mariadb ? in terms of performance less load and faster WordPress blog.

also anyone used ISPManager ?

CWP Requirements:
32 bit operating systems require a minimum of 512 MB RAM
64 bit operating systems require a minimum of 1024 MB RAM (recommended)
Recommended System: 4 GB+ RAM so you would have the full functionality such as Anti-virus scan of emails.

Vesta CP
Minimal system requirements
RAM 512 Mb
HDD 20 Gb
CPU 1 Ghz

Apache vs Nginx:
In Vestacp both apache and nginx will be there. Nginx will act as proxy for Apache server. No idea on CWP.
Android Fan,Developer and Supporter.
My Websites
http://www.cybapps.com

Thanks to HostDare for VPS
(2018-04-17, 7:22:01 pm)cybersa Wrote:  CWP Requirements:
32 bit operating systems require a minimum of 512 MB RAM
64 bit operating systems require a minimum of 1024 MB RAM (recommended)
Recommended System: 4 GB+ RAM so you would have the full functionality such as Anti-virus scan of emails.

Vesta CP
Minimal system requirements
RAM 512 Mb
HDD 20 Gb
CPU 1 Ghz

Apache vs Nginx:
In Vestacp both apache and nginx will be there. Nginx will act as proxy for Apache server. No idea on CWP.

what about database? MySQL or MariaDB which one will be better?
MariaDB is better. It has the original mySQL development team that is looking after it and is open source. mySQL was sold to Sun Micro Systems which was purchased by Oracle. It's moving away from being open source but is still used by many. Here's a comparison between the database systems:

https://db-engines.com/en/system/MariaDB...L%3BOracle

VestaCP comes with mySQL, so for me mySQL is a choice by default. If VestaCP changes to MariaDB then I'll go with MariaDB.
Thanks a lot for the information, I think I will use VistaCP or CWM then along with MariaDB, and it's true that VistaCP doesn't come with MariaDB but we can always install it manually though..
(2018-04-17, 10:16:53 pm)d3v1ls33k3r Wrote:  Thanks a lot for the information, I think I will use VistaCP or CWM then along with MariaDB, and it's true that VistaCP doesn't come with MariaDB but we can always install it manually though..

True - may be an excellent idea to install MariaDB with VestaCP or your CP of choice.  If you do, can you do a tutorial here and share it with us?  I'd probably want to try it out as well.  Smile
sure will do .. just give me some time, will post tut soon Smile