MegaFUSE - Expand your VPS storage with a free MEGA account
[Image: 448px-Logo_MEGA.svg.png]

Mega.nz Cloud Storage + FUSE = MegaFUSE

MegaFUSE is a great Linux commandline application that allows you to mount your free Mega.nz storage (50 GB) or your paid Mega.nz storage as a normal mountpoint in Linux. You can therefore directly use your Mega.nz storage to expand the storage of your VPS for free.

GitHub: https://github.com/matteoserva/MegaFuse

I compiled it and now am using it on my Hetzner VPS that only has 20 GB NVMe SSD storage. With the additional 50 GB I can finally do more with the VPS. You can also run multiple instances of the program with multiple MEGA.nz accounts to expand your storage even more.

I mounted mine into my nginx web server as a download folder.
Thanks a lot for this share.. Will benefit me and a lot of users ..

Just a quick question.. How will be the disk speed as it will be used from the remote server ..

So the file access will be "request from megafuse , then download or sync to the server then again upload request to visitor of server then sync the same... so I think request speed will vary a lot I guess.."
[Image: img.php?userid=5534]
Your Mega.nz storage is mounted on filesystem level. The speed depends on the speed of your server and the Mega.nz server loads. The program supports caching to speed up certain things.

You can see how it works out at my demo: https://monad.pr0xy.eu.org/webm/
Wow, I would like to try it out, thanks for the great share, a small tutorial may be well appreciated on this matter.
Show support by wearing an Avatar or Signature or Custom Rank if you think freevps.us should not be closed.
Code:
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15z1afs.jpg[/IMG]
#SaveFreeVPS for the future
That is brilliant @Monad. I've got a mega.nz account as well, but haven't used it in ages. I probably don't need it for my VPSs since they have plenty of space, but it would be an interesting project to find out how to do it.
that is a epic idea. but i have a question, what this application doing that make your storage bigger. and does it work only at linux?
@LittleMaster

The GitHub page of the application has some installation instructions, but unfortunately only for Debian and Ubuntu. For other OSs they're almost the same. The needed packages to compile the source have different names. I use Debian 9 and so I used the guide from the GitHub page and it worked for me.

@OldMeister

The program will mount your Mega.nz storage filesystem like a normal mountpoint into your Linux system. That means you will have a folder (i.e: /mnt/mega) where you will see everything you have in your Mega account. You can move the files around, add files and etc. All changes will be uploaded/synced from your Linux system to your Mega storage. Beware though that you only have 50 GB (free account) of space in the /mnt/mega folder!

For other OSs you have the official Mega apps. Actually Mega has MegaCMD for Linux but it works totally different and is more like a download/upload manager instead of actually mounting your MEGA storage directly into the system. So someone made MegaFuse.
@Monad I have installed MegaFUSE on cent OS using make, between how to mount now as an apache folder in /var/www/html/mega?
Show support by wearing an Avatar or Signature or Custom Rank if you think freevps.us should not be closed.
Code:
[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/15z1afs.jpg[/IMG]
#SaveFreeVPS for the future
@LittleMaster

When you start MegaFUSE you will be asked for the login details of your Mega account and the path where you want to mount your Mega storage. At the path setup simply use the path "/var/www/html/mega". Please note that the folder "mega" should be empty!

Dealing with web servers means you will have to mount the filesystem so that others can access it. Use the option below, or your web server will throw error messages.
Code:
-f -o allow_other -o uid=1000

You would start MegaFUSE with the command below.
Code:
./MegaFuse -f -o allow_other -o uid=1000

MegaFuse unfortunately doesn't have a daemon or background service so I recommend to launch the MegaFuse instance in a screen or tmux session. It also has console output.
Nice information.i think its amazing information for me
I will bookmark this page on my phone.
thanks to freevps.us& hostigation for vps 18 this is great vps
spesial thank to Nevil , dmmcyntre,cw1998, all admin ,and all moderator    Cheese

thanks to freevps.us& hostigation for vps 18 this is great vps
spesial thank to Nevil , dmmcyntre,cw1998, all admin ,and all moderator    

Micro Forum
Dana tunai agunan bpkb langsung cair satu hari