Astro A40 Review
03-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Astro A40 Review
Hey guys,

I have had the Astro A40 Gaming Headset for a while now. I thought I would write a review, since I love it and I can just recommend it.

So let's get started.
[Image: 215101-header.jpg]

I have the blue one. It comes with a microamp. You can use it with or without the microamp.
The sound quality is total crisp. Even if you are an audiophile, you will be impressed. It has Dolby digital surround 7.1. (Only with the microamp).

It is not really heavy and really comfortable. After hours of gaming you hardly notice that you are wearing it. Thanks to the microamp, you can use the headset with your Xbox, Xbox live, computer, PS3, phone. But you can use it without the microamp with your computer, phone or anything that works with a 3.5mm jack.

It also includes a microphone. The good thing about the microphone is that it is really good quality, removable and attachable to either side of the headset. On the sides "tags" can be found, which of you can design and order your own. By default you get three tags. Two without a hole for the microphone and one with a hole for the mic.

The sound isolation is not the best, which means if you are listening to really loud music, people around you can hear some of the music you are listening to. It is not terrible, but could be a bit better.

It is not cheap, but it is definitely worth the money. It costs around £185.

I would rate the sound 10/10
Comfort 10/10
Design 9/10
Sound isolation 9/10 After all it is an open headset.

You can order it directly from the manufacturer, AstroGaming, so it costs less.

If you have any questions just ask Smile

Best,
Zeboo/Greg
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply

03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
RE: Astro A40 Review
How do these compare to other tired and true headsets, like Steelseries Siberia's or something else commonly used?

I've always been reluctant to try newer brands.

Thanks to Datashack.net and FreeVPS.us for the VPS25
User Tools
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Not Sure Bout that Bro~

My Turtle Beaches X11's seem to be a monster compared to others like Razer Gaming's Orca , ETC.

Thanks FreeVps and PyramidServer for the VPS2 !

Step 1 - Get a domain .
Step 2 - Redesign the website
Step 3 - Configure nginx
Step 4 - ENJOY !~
User Tools
03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I can't see any connection with this review and the rest of the forum.

Well, I've bought some new headphones lately and they rock.
Pure Sennheiser HD 205-II Big Grin

[Image: lJnc516.png]
User Tools
03-02-2012, 03:41 AM
I used to have SteeSeries Siberia V2. I liked them. Though the wires were not so good an they broke 3 times... every time I got a new one... (warranty) Steel Series Siberia might be good, but the Astro A40 are a lot better. The A40s might not be as adjustable as the Siberia V2 (the top, headband part) but they are still great comfort. I have a Sennheiser, lower category as well.... but of course that cannot compete with this headphone Tongue (due to it is lower-mid category). On the other hand the headphone system is really pricy... If you want good headphones on a relatively low price, then I cam suggest Ozone Attack Snow. I just bought it for my girlfriend, arrived yesterday. I have just tried it out a few minutes ago. It is extremely cheap compared how good sound quality you get. The bass is really good, not the best quality, but really good. The mids and high are extremely good. High quality. A lot better than most of the gaming headsets ot there (at least in that or a bit higher price category).

Also another useful feature for gaming is the 7.1 dolby digital surround which is really useful in FPS games Smile It is really good and you can precisely say where you hear the sound. Smile

@CraHeX: Technology Tongue Does that not include soundsystems, headsets, gaming gear, etc? (mobile phones) or is it another kind of technology I do not know about? x)

Hope it is not considered SPAM...

Best,
Zeboo/Greg
User Tools
03-02-2012, 04:46 AM
wow nice headset, i have one too, i'm enjoying this headset playing battle field 3 everyday. i will not give it 10 for comfort actually it is not as comfort as QPAD QH-1339 which my friend has, it is a lot more comfortable when i compare to this one. when i compare QPAD QH-1339 to this one i can say Astro gives you the option to connect your headset using SPDIF connector and enjoy 7.1CH sound, QPAD doesn't have that option but it gives you something more important , 5HZ frequency response ! so your brain explodes every time you hear a shotgun shooting Big Grin .

by the way i'm completely happy with my headset and i like to play FPS games with it, but anyway i have just find out that there is some better options for buying that i may switch to them later.
User Tools