Collection of tutorials and installer scripts for various web server stacks
Collection of tutorials and installer scripts for various web server stacks

Hello and welcome to the enrichment center of FreeVPS Directory & Discussion!

In the following collection of tutorials and installer scripts for various web server stacks on various operating systems you will find links to detailed and well written tutorials about the installation process of various web server stacks such as LAMP (Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP) or LEMP (Linux + Nginx + MySQL and PHP) on various operating systems like Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS. And the collection also includes interactive and fully automatic shell script based installers for the web server stacks. With these tutorials and installer scripts you will have your own web server up and running in no time.

All listed tutorials and installer scripts were written or programmed by the members of FreeVPS Directory & Discussion. Please consider looking at the credits section at the end of this thread and give every author a reputation point if not two if you really like their work and would like to thank them. And mind yourself and respect the authors: do not copy and publish their work under your own name, without their permission or without crediting them. The authors have invested a lot of time and knowledge into their work and they deserved to be respected.

Thank you for taking your time and reading the introduction, please scroll down below to find the collection of tutorials and installer scripts.

Tutorials

1. Installing Apache2, PHP5, MySQL on CentOS
    • Components: Apache 2, MySQL & PHP
    • Operating System: CentOS
    • Author: CoolCo
  2. Apache + PHP-FPM + MySQL on CentOS/Scientific Linux 6
    • Components: Apache 2, MySQL & PHP with PHP-FPM
    • Operating Systems: CentOS & Scientific Linux
    • Author: myself
  3. Nginx + PHP-FPM + MariaDB on Arch Linux for Raspberry PIs
    • Components: Nginx, MariaDB & PHP with PHP-FPM
    • Operating System: Arch Linux
    • Note: It was thought for Raspberry Pis but will work on normal servers, too.
  4. Quick CentOS 7 LAMP Guide
    • Components: Apache 2, MariaDB & PHP
    • Operating System: CentOS

Installer Scripts

1. Nginx + PHP-FPM + MySQL on CentOS/Scientific Linux 6
    • Components: Nginx, MySQL & PHP with PHP-FPM
    • Operating Systems: CentOS & Scientific Linux
    • Author: dmmcintyre3
  2. Nginx + PHP-FPM + MySQL + APC + PHPMyAdmin on Debian 6/Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    • Components: Nginx, MySQL, PHP with PHP-FPM
    • Operating Systems: Debian & Ubuntu
    • Author: aatish910
    • Note: Includes PHP-APC and phpMyAdmin
  3. LEMP and full VPS optimized/easy configuration - CentOS 6 Only!
    • Components: Nginx, MariaDB & PHP
    • Operating System: CentOS 6
    • Author: JackRyder
    • Note: Centminmod installer was not created by JackRyder - Centminmod Homepage

Credits

Open the spoiler to see the full credit list.

Spoiler: show
Administrators
  1. dmmcintyre3
    • Credited for installer script #1.

Retired Staff
  1. CoolCo
    • Credited for tutorial #2.

FreeVPS VPS Owners
  1. JackRyder
    • Credited for posting about Centmindmod (#6).

Members
  1. aatish910
    • Credited for installer script #3.
Si enim fallor, sum. Nam qui non est, utique nec falli potest. Ac per hoc sum, si fallor. Quia ergo sum, si fallor, quomodo esse me fallor, quando certum est me esse, si fallor?
Can you update the title of my topic?
Nginx + PHP-FPM + MySQL on Debian 6 / Ubuntu

thanks
I've updated your topic's title.
Si enim fallor, sum. Nam qui non est, utique nec falli potest. Ac per hoc sum, si fallor. Quia ergo sum, si fallor, quomodo esse me fallor, quando certum est me esse, si fallor?
nice centralized Thread nevil good idea so we find all the related articles in the same topic & its much easier than browsing the forum specially if there is no activity on some of the tutorials & they get to the 4-5 page
My Company: AYASOFT Production, AYASOFT.NET Twitter, AYASOFT.NET Facebook.
Thanks KiloServe And Freevps.Us for the great VPS19.
Cool. Why most of them Nginx rather than apache? Apache consumes too much resource?
Nginx is lightweight. Apache simply takes so much RAM. Not good for our VPS that in the list since most of them are lowend VPS.
[Image: coolconime.png]

My Website | #sekai-subs@irc.rizon.net
(2013-02-12, 2:30:57 pm)njitzyc Wrote: Cool. Why most of them Nginx rather than apache? Apache consumes too much resource?

Apache has 1,000,000 options, except you need like 10 from them. nginx has like 20, and you need around 10 from them.

But seriously, Apache isn't so bad in memory usage (around 5 MB). The thing is, that if somebody connects to Apache, it spawns a new process, doubling the memory usage. If you have 10 people downloading files, you have 11 processes. Also, let's say you have added PHP using mod_php - your process is now 15MB. nginx doesn't spawn lots of new processes (the root side that is ran when using port 80 (only root can use low ports) called master and low permissions side called worker). You will always see two processes, and it will never spawn more.

nginx almost constantly uses 7MB of RAM.
There are 10 sorts of people in the world; those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who thought this was a binary joke.
Quote:The thing is, that if somebody connects to Apache, it spawns a new process, doubling the memory usage. If you have 10 people downloading files, you have 11 processes.
It depends on what MPM you are using. Look at event or worker MPM. They are threaded unlike prefork MPM.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
Great list,
sir Nevil can i use nginx with mybb forum?
Of course you can.

MyBB works fine under Nginx (we run MyBB on a Nginx setup).